L.A. riots: Good Samaritan remembers his scary truck-driver rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
ex-gfs are not always honest.

all the more reason to lie. King seems like a real scumbag.I do not doubt it. just not sure he was a crackhead because an ex says so. even if he was a crackhead he still should not of gotten a beating like that.

all the more reason to lie. King seems like a real scumbag.I do not doubt it. just not sure he was a crackhead because an ex says so. even if he was a crackhead he still should not of gotten a beating like that.

Absolutely right - he shouldn't have been beaten like that.

Yes, the officers went overboard. However, it was not like they were antagonized into it when Rodney started to assault them.

He was actually quite lucky - they could have just shot him.

I remember seeing a female officer with her gun aimed at his head in those tapes (maybe female - not sure)

The officers thought it was PCP.

I'm not concerned with what officers thought. I'm talking about your claim. You claimed that he's a crackhead this and crackhead that at that time of beating and car chase.

clearly he wasn't under crack.

I'm not concerned with what officers thought. I'm talking about your claim. You claimed that he's a crackhead this and crackhead that at that time of beating and car chase.

clearly he wasn't under crack.

Per his gf's claim - already explained that. He was also in several rehab programs for PCP and crack and I am pretty sure there was a mix of other drugs as well.

Absolutely right - he shouldn't have been beaten like that.

Yes, the officers went overboard. However, it was not like they were antagonized into it when Rodney started to assault them.

He was actually quite lucky - they could have just shot him.
Antagonized? He was rolling around on ground in pain and he clearly was surrendering. but no..... officers kept on beating more and more because as you said before, he deserves it for endangering "hundreds of lives" by driving like a maniac.

Per his gf's claim - already explained that. He was also in several rehab programs for PCP and crack and I am pretty sure there was a mix of other drugs as well.

I'm not concerned with what his gf claimed or what you think. I want FACTS. Was he under influence of crack at that time of car chase and beating? The fact is NO. Is he a crackhead? The fact is NO.

I remember those riots like they were yesterday. Sad time in our history as a nation. Glad to see the video and story. It was good.

We truly need to think of our selves as Americans and not black & white or whatever else. Have a good night all! I will sleep better now! :P

I'm not concerned with what his gf claimed or what you think. I want FACTS. Was he under influence of crack at that time of car chase and beating? The fact is NO. Is he a crackhead? The fact is NO.

The fact is yes, he is a crackhead. I don't understand why you are disputing that when the rest of the entire planet knows.

Anyways ... I don't want to get into an argument with you - I have nothing against you personally - just let it go.

I remember those riots like they were yesterday. Sad time in our history as a nation. Glad to see the video and story. It was good.

We truly need to think of our selves as Americans and not black & white or whatever else. Have a good night all! I will sleep better now! :P

Well said. :wave:

I think King talks about crack cocaine addiction in his new book.

I don't think it's anything he denies.

The fact is yes, he is a crackhead. I don't understand why you are disputing that when the rest of the entire planet knows.
I'm talking about the time of beating.

Anyways ... I don't want to get into an argument with you - I have nothing against you personally - just let it go.
no problem but it would behoove you to stick with facts that actually happened, not afterward or what you think.

I'm talking about the time of beating.

no problem but it would behoove you to stick with facts that actually happened, not afterward or what you think.

Jiro - I have already explained - his ex gf said he was on crack at the time of the beating.

He might have possibly been on crack or PCP, or both when he slammed his SUV into a house in 2003 - those test results were never released, other than to claim he was intoxicated .... and, he was not arrested.

How can you not get arrested for driving 100 mph, hitting a utility pole then slamming into a house while intoxicated? :hmm:

That just isn't ....... sane.

I think King talks about crack cocaine addiction in his new book.

I don't think it's anything he denies.

yes - gotta give him kudos for being honest. He even admitted assaulting the officers before the beat down.

Jiro - I have already explained - his ex gf said he was on crack at the time of the beating.

He might have possibly been on crack or PCP, or both when he slammed his SUV into a house in 2003 - those test results were never released, other than to claim he was intoxicated .... and, he was not arrested.

How can you not get arrested for driving 100 mph, hitting a utility pole then slamming into a house while intoxicated? :hmm:

You can't always trust the ex. I have an ex-boyfriend who claims that I beat him while drunk with a tire iron. Only problem is, I wasn't drinking when I knew him. Also, the night he claims I did this, I was living in MO, not FL. He was in FL at the time.

yes - gotta give him kudos for being honest. He even admitted assaulting the officers before the beat down.

the beatdown was not because of assault. it was because their superior and themselves want to punish him and think he deserves it all.

the beatdown was not because of assault. it was because their superior and themselves want to punish him and think he deserves it all.

This might be hard for you to understand, I don't really know, but a lot of people believe he deserved it.

I am not one of them. No, he didn't deserve a beat down. I have actually witnessed a far more disturbing beat down of a white individual by white cops in Florida. Nobody cried foul then.

After the beat down, they hog tied him and threw him in a ditch while the officers stood around talking.

This was when I was about 19 years old.

A lot of the old timers will tell you what cops could do before the Rodney King riots. Justice was often served swiftly and violently.

Totally and 110% agree with Reba - racism is racism regardless of color.

This might be hard for you to understand, I don't really know, but a lot of people believe he deserved it.

I am not one of them. No, he didn't deserve a beat down. I have actually witnessed a far more disturbing beat down of a white individual by white cops in Florida. Nobody cried foul then.

No it is not hard for me to understand. I do understand their ulterior motive, racism, etc. I've been telling you all long that Rodney King does not deserve it because these officers are sworn to uphold the law. You agreed with them and support their action. Plenty of your posts showed that but now I'm very glad you agree with me that nobody especially Rodney King deserve a beatdown. It's illegal. plain and simple. that's why 2 officers went to jail.

After the beat down, they hog tied him and threw him in a ditch while the officers stood around talking.

This was when I was about 19 years old.

A lot of the old timers will tell you what cops could do before the Rodney King riots. Justice was often served swiftly and violently.
yes. I'm aware of that. It's sad. That's what I've been saying all along - Racial Injustice. That's why L.A. riots happened. It's the result of decades of bottled-up deep anger due to racial injustice caused by white people in America. since then... time has changed a lot and LAPD command structure is more diverse.

what happened to this trucker was condemnable. I don't know if they got caught or not but if they did, I hope it's a life sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back