Just Wow.....

Ann H.

Reaction score
Okay....so, I have only been a member of the site for a few hours and I am absolutely shocked because I had a total opposite experience than what I thought it would be like before I actually joined. I joined solely to meet with people no matter hearing or deaf with the intent to learn about deaf culture and to practice using ASL. How innocent of me?? lol. I started searching through the site to find groups that would best suit me and somehow I ended up reading an ENTIRE thread that had nothing to do with my original course of action lol. I basically just spent hours reading posts to only be reminded that people are people no matter where you go or don't go (thanks to the world wide web). Anywho so I started reading this thread that I now cannot remember the name of, but it was originally about a mute girl who expressed her frustration with not being able to speak and how people can be so ignorant and I was thinking awww that sucks you know? Well, turns out she has like 13 "headmates". They can speak but she can't (weird I know) but moving on....the original post all the way to the last comment confirmed that it doesn't matter if you are hearing, deaf, black, white, brown, spray tan orange or whatever you may be; it is very possible that you could be genuine or crazy, deceitful, open minded, closed minded, a liar....basically any good or bad thing. I'm shocked because I just had no clue what to believe while I was reading some of that stuff like are people really that messed up?? I'm thankful that in reading whatever that was that I found a few people that made me laugh through the whole thing. It's good to know that there are still people in this world who can make light of stupidity and attention seekers with humble intelligence and also address stupidity and attention seeking when it is necessary. Enough rambling from me but if you were apart of the thread I spoke of then you know what I mean about addressing and overlooking attention seekers. I had a blast reading some of your comments. Look forward to reading more Haaa! :giggle:

Feel free to share your opinion on cats clapping and cars with turbocharged engine. They're the next best threads.

Ann H: the user name of the person you read- is : Curiously Mute.

One must never forget this is a computer and much that is written which appears "strange" and "unreal."
Easy to key "anything"= however how "real" is it?

Never dull -- to say the least at least from my just over 3 year time here.

Last edited:
I think that just as there are people lying all the time, there are people who are completely and extraordinarily honest. Despite everything, I'd personally like to continue believing in the second option, I always like to believe in people, no matter what arguments or explanations they give. :)
I hope this does not bring me bad experiences in the future.

The "wisdom" to differentiate between " counterdictory comments"!

Last edited:
I think that just as there are people lying all the time, there are people who are completely and extraordinarily honest. Despite everything, I'd personally like to continue believing in the second option, I always like to believe in people, no matter what arguments or explanations they give. :)

I hope you'll not believe everything a person will tell you facebook or other social online sites. That 17 years girl that I posted about meeting a strange guy at a library and missing for 3 days almost end up in a sex trade . The guy as a pimp and was going to sell a 17 yo girl that has LD .

I absolutely agree with you! I am the same way. I would hope and expect people to believe my truth no matter how far fetched it may sound so I try to give other people that same respect.

Back