Just Curious

Daminx

Reaction score
does anybody talk slower or differently when they are hard of hearing or deaf, I have a slight deaf lisp when I pronounce "th" as a "p" and I say "f" instead of "th" and I got told recently that I talk slow,

How about you?

I talk similar and slower after I have had a Spaceman Whiteboard.
3e3df4a7d3a8216a366e2db3eeae7913_640x640.jpg

All joking aside, I have always had issues with words ending with "ed". I say "ed" twice, or with a "t" instead. or "ed" and "t" something like that.

does anybody talk slower or differently when they are hard of hearing or deaf, I have a slight deaf lisp when I pronounce "th" as a "p" and I say "f" instead of "th" and I got told recently that I talk slow,

How about you?
the way you wrote this is sound like people become hard of hearing when they feel like ! Do you mean did people talk difference when became HOH later in life ?

the way you wrote this is sound like people become hard of hearing when they feel like ! Do you mean did people talk difference when became HOH later in life ?

No it sounds like he means... if you are deaf or HOH, does your speech sound slower or differently ('lisp', substituting sounds/letters etc. Doesn't matter if congenital deafness or deafness later in life.

Though I think with people who became deaf much later in life might not have that much of a problem with speech- maybe a slight slurring. It varies from person to person.. someone may have near perfect speech while someone else may have what's called a 'deaf accent'. Me I have no idea. I think I slur a little sometimes but most hearing people don't seem to notice (and think I'm some kind of wunderkind...blah).

Back