Jewelry store offers gun in exchange for diamond purchases

SeanB

Reaction score
240.jpeg

A unique offer from a local jewelry store is getting a lot of attention. D. Geller and Son is giving away a free gun to customers who buy a diamond. Owner Mike Geller said he got the idea, after seeing a similar offer at a Missouri car dealership. Geller’s promotion offers a free hunting rifle, if you buy a diamond worth $2,499 or more. Already, Geller says the offer is generating a lot of buzz. “It’s unbelieveable! There’s websites that got a million hits about it,” Geller said. “It’s interesting. It’s appealing to the men, I think” said one Cobb County woman who didn’t think it was a bad idea. But another woman who worried about safety told Channel 2’s Sophia Choi “I think it’s stupid.” Geller said “you don’t just come in here, buy a diamond and grab a gun.” Instead, those who qualify will receive a voucher for Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna. "That way you have to qualify, you have to follow all the rules and regulations in the state of Georgia to own a gun,” Geller said. Geller said the Missouri dealership that had a similar promotion ran out of cars and had to offer rain checks. Geller doubts he’ll run out of diamonds, but said he expects the promotion to bring in a lot of people. “A lot of our customers are hunters, and it just seemed like a great thing to do," added Geller.

Link

Got me to thinking. Why not a combo gun and jewelry store. That way the gals can shop on one side and the guts on the other. Bonus.....ain't no robber going to mess with that store.

Back