'Jaws' Author Peter Benchley Dies at 65

Heath

Reaction score
AP - 18 minutes ago
NEW YORK - Peter Benchley, whose novel "Jaws" terrorized millions of swimmers even as the author himself became an advocate for the conservation of sharks, has died at age 65, his widow said Sunday. Wendy Benchley, married to the author for 41 years, said he died Saturday night at their home in Princeton, N.J. The cause of death, she said, was idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, a progressive and a fatal scarring of the lungs.
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/entertainment/literature_and_authors

and the film, made by Steven Speilberg, "Jaws" in 1975 was a pure classic film and always will be.

Steel X said:
and the film, made by Steven Speilberg, "Jaws" in 1975 was a pure classic film and always will be.

Amen to that :gpost: God Bless to the author Peter Benchley who wrote the novel "Jaws".

Rest Easy, Mr. Benchley.

"Jaws" is on my (very short) list of books I couldn't finish. When I came to the part where the girl feels a tug, reaches down and touches the bone that's all that's left of her leg, I decided, that's enough for me.

DavLaurel said:
"Jaws" is on my (very short) list of books I couldn't finish. When I came to the part where the girl feels a tug, reaches down and touches the bone that's all that's left of her leg, I decided, that's enough for me.

Well, The novel book " Jaws " will happen to be quite a collector's item and worth some money in the near future.

RIP, Mr Benchley.

I never forget when I first watched "Jaws". Made me :Ohno:
He also wrote a book called "The Deep" in which a movie was made out of it. Good movie.

Aww May he rest in peace.....

I have all the video of Jaws movie, my boys love that movie....

Ahh he is already died ? :( dang!!! I love to watch the movie Jaws that make me staring at tv screen not to go anywhere till the movie finish lol but dang he is passed away

Thanks for the chills and thrills you gave us with Jaws...

Jaws is one of two movies I have never forgotten. The other was The Exorcist.

Heath said:
Well, The novel book " Jaws " will happen to be quite a collector's item and worth some money in the near future.

No doubt the original hardcover is, though I was reading someone else's paperback edition. I DO own the first edition of 2001: A Space Odyssey, which a cousin gave me for my 12th birthday. UNFORTUNATELY my name is on the flyleaf!

Back