I've been gone so long...

steph9700

Reaction score
...I think I need to reintroduce myself, My name is Stephanie Peacock and I've been a member here for a while, I've just had some trouble along the way and haven't been able to post in a long time. I was wearing "Qualitone" full shell hearing aids until I inherited my dads Phonak Savia Art over the ear hearing aids in July last year. My mom was diagnosed with late stage 4 type of Lymphoma and couldn't stand the pain or depression of her nor us watching us see her die so she took what I feel is the lesser of two evils and on March 20th she got my dads police pistol and shot herself. it was instant, dad found her. They say he died of an aneurysm in the brain that burst but if you knew him, my family, I feel he mourned himself to death. He was pronounced brain dead and I had to make the decision to take him off life support. I crawled up in the bed with him brushed his hair back and held him tight and he took his last breath in my arms. He died on June 30th, 3months and 10 days after mom. I am sad and I miss them both but I also understand them both and why they went so I am not completely devastated. After that my husband decided it would be best if we moved away from the town where I grew up and they were buried at so we moved from Cullman to Fultondale and then my health got really bad or at least all the symptoms came out and several tests and Dr.'s later, I have had a hysterectomy and am on full disability due to some inherited genetic and auto immune disorders. the final diagnoses' are: Sjogren's Syndrome which as it was explained to me the immune system attacks all the moisture in your body so I am constantly dehydrated, have dry skin and all sorts of dried out things. Another thing I have is Raynaud's Phenomenon which is where all the really little blood vessels in the hands and feet shut down leaving me freezing even in the summer. The next thing is a blood mutation called "MTHFR" and it's where the homocysteine levels in the blood are too high causing my blood to be really thick and it makes it really easy to clot. The other stuff is "girlie" issues that I may or may not post later but they all ended up with me having a hysto. I feel now I am getting back on track and I need support from friends, the ones I have not talked to in forever on here and in my home life as well. I missed being on here and talking about anything whether on topic or off, I hope I can get back to basics and start fresh and move on to a better place in my heart.

Oh, Stephanie. :welcome: back to AllDeaf. I am very glad that you are all right and now that you have health issues. I really miss you even on Facebook. I do hope you can try to remain to stay around here and still be a member of the AD family. It is good that you are here again. I know it is not easy to move on with your life after what happen with your mom and dad who had health problems and then had to pass away. I am very sorry about all this happen to you. So I am hoping that you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. So go easy on yourself while here. See you around, Steph. :D :hug:

Welcome back Steph,

Hang in there and take your time eh. :)

Thanks you guys! Since I had to bury both my parents last year and been diagnosed with some serious issues I been kind of down in the dumps til I remembered, hey I do have a really good support system, I have you guys on this site and my friends on the messengers that I grew up with. I don't live where I grew up and on top of that several others did as I did and moved away, so thanks to the internet I am able to be back in touch with my old friends and school mates from high school and college.

Hey Steph..sounds like u went thru a lot recently..give yourself time to recover! Welcome back!

Back