Its that time - CI batteries

I was getting about 2 and 1/2 days with Power Ones disposables batteries. and at this point with my rechargeables I am getting a day and half now. My rule of thumb with rechargeables is half the run time as compared to the disposables batteries. This is a bit better than the Freedom rechargeable.

I may get into trouble over this - try search engine and look for Rayovac Cochlear Implant Batteries.

to use or not to use battery

I once had a client who bought some very cheap hearing aids and never would use any batteries. He said that when he had the hearing aid on, people would just normally speak louder.

I just came from the doctor today and he want to see if I am good candidate for an implanted. The Dr. think I should not be wearing hearing aids as I been getting too many earaches . I do not know anyone that has an implant . This is all new to me. I been wearing HA for 52 years and I am not sure how I feel having an implant when I have head trauma. Does anyone have an implant put in and have head trauma?

I just came from the doctor today and he want to see if I am good candidate for an implanted. The Dr. think I should not be wearing hearing aids as I been getting too many earaches . I do not know anyone that has an implant . This is all new to me. I been wearing HA for 52 years and I am not sure how I feel having an implant when I have head trauma. Does anyone have an implant put in and have head trauma?

I'm not sure about that. I had a brain lesion 5 1/2 years ago. It was such a mystery and it looked like an inflammation. Many months later and more MRI scans, the lesion shrunk and revealed 2 tiny strokes. They could be scarring instead, but it's hard to determine.

I could be a candidate for a cochlear implant, since the hearing aid is no longer of help for me. I lost the rest of my hearing in June. I'm in a world of total silence.

I would have to cough up more copays that I cannot afford to go to an otolaryngoloigist to see if I would be a candidate and go from there. The only problem is that I cannot afford copays, the 20% the insurance don't cover, and the out-of-pocket expenses, including travel.

I don't think I will be able to get any help for that. I've been searching for the last 4 years for some kind of medical assistance. NOT FINDING ANYTHING that I would be qualified for. My hubby is in serious debt because of that. I'm bleeding him dry. Of course, this is off-topic.

Do you mean you already have head trauma? Or you are afraid the implant procedure counts as head trauma?

Do you mean you already have head trauma? Or you are afraid the implant procedure counts as head trauma?
I already have head trauma from a couple of car accidents . I was getting some kind off seizures after a real bad accident .

I'm not sure about that. I had a brain lesion 5 1/2 years ago. It was such a mystery and it looked like an inflammation. Many months later and more MRI scans, the lesion shrunk and revealed 2 tiny strokes. They could be scarring instead, but it's hard to determine.

I could be a candidate for a cochlear implant, since the hearing aid is no longer of help for me. I lost the rest of my hearing in June. I'm in a world of total silence.

I would have to cough up more copays that I cannot afford to go to an otolaryngoloigist to see if I would be a candidate and go from there. The only problem is that I cannot afford copays, the 20% the insurance don't cover, and the out-of-pocket expenses, including travel.

I don't think I will be able to get any help for that. I've been searching for the last 4 years for some kind of medical assistance. NOT FINDING ANYTHING that I would be qualified for. My hubby is in serious debt because of that. I'm bleeding him dry. Of course, this is off-topic.

I am sorry to hear you're having a hard time getting help for a cochlear implant. I hope you will be able to find away to pay for the implant so you can hear again.

I once had a client who bought some very cheap hearing aids and never would use any batteries. He said that when he had the hearing aid on, people would just normally speak louder.

That is really funny! Maybe I should try that! Is save your client a lot of money not using batteries.

I had 2 head traumas, One on the temple and another at the top of my head. When they did the CT scan in preparation for the CI. They (and I) could see healed skull from the top of my head down to my right ear and, because of this they was careful with where the implant were placed not because it's delicate.... it's because my head's lumpy!! (I think it's probably why my operation was 4 hours long) and I have had no effects from it since.

I do know of 2 people who has CI, they both have epilepsy and having/using CI does not affect them, but, of course the may CI come off during fit so perhaps more awareness is needed especially with people who you interact a lot so they know what to expect when you have a fit.

I had 2 head traumas, One on the temple and another at the top of my head. When they did the CT scan in preparation for the CI. They (and I) could see healed skull from the top of my head down to my right ear and, because of this they was careful with where the implant were placed not because it's delicate.... it's because my head's lumpy!! (I think it's probably why my operation was 4 hours long) and I have had no effects from it since.

I do know of 2 people who has CI, they both have epilepsy and having/using CI does not affect them, but, of course the may CI come off during fit so perhaps more awareness is needed especially with people who you interact a lot so they know what to expect when you have a fit.

I feel for both of you. I am still not back from my wreck in April. I thought I was better in July but the headaches came back about 10 days ago. Not fun.

I feel for both of you. I am still not back from my wreck in April. I thought I was better in July but the headaches came back about 10 days ago. Not fun.

I am sorry to hear that this. I know the headaches are horrible! I was crying my headaches were so painful. It felt like my head was in a vice grip and someone was making it tighter and I had vertigo after my accident , it was so bad I was vomiting . what are you doing for your headaches? I tried putting ice on my head to numb it!

I am sorry to hear that this. I know the headaches are horrible! I was crying my headaches were so painful. It felt like my head was in a vice grip and someone was making it tighter and I had vertigo after my accident , it was so bad I was vomiting . what are you doing for your headaches? I tried putting ice on my head to numb it!

I have a heated collar that seems to help but its inconvenient. I have felt dizzy some, but I have Menieres so I am used to that.

My headache sounds exactly like yours though.

Wow. :eek3: That's incredible. Gives me hope that my brain lesion/stroke may not be a contraindication for me to get the cochlear implant. :D Have any of you or do you know anyone who have cochlear implants after having a brain lesion or strokes?

Of course, it depends on what the docs say about that.

Back