*it's a choice"

Like beating your wife, killing people for simple things, the concept of Hammurabi's code, etc...

I was thinking more along the lines of wearing clothes made of more than one material, touching pig skin, shaving...

If I adopt, I am afraid of what the kid will go through in school! I saw much bullying to kids for having gay parents when I was in school (I only graduated in 2008!!) And the possibility of adopting is low, because a lot of states dont allow same-sex couples to adopt. Why would I choose to not be allowed to be married, have a kid, and to be ridiculed? I WOULDN'T!!!!
Mech............is there any way that you could move from NC? NC is very conservative and Bible Belt-y. I know it's hard.......but on the other hand things have changed so much. A lot of my lesbian friends are adopting/ having kids. It's changing SO much!!!!! Even from the time when I was a teen, things have changed so much!

Usually, when people say to me, "It's a choice," I ask them in return, "Would you choose it?" Most people who ask that will respond in a firm negative and frankly, I don't think many people would choose to be an over-politicized, marginalized element of society. However, I believe that sexuality is natural, regardless of orientation or preference. Attraction is supposed to be a positive thing, right? Love is a positive thing. As long as there's love between two people, does the gender matter?

After all, straight, gay, or bi, none of us can choose who we fall in love with.

"The important thing is not who you love, but that you love."

Mech............is there any way that you could move from NC? NC is very conservative and Bible Belt-y. I know it's hard.......but on the other hand things have changed so much. A lot of my lesbian friends are adopting/ having kids. It's changing SO much!!!!! Even from the time when I was a teen, things have changed so much!

I just moved to NC to be with my boyfriend. Before, I was in Virginia, and planning to move to California.

I just moved to NC to be with my boyfriend. Before, I was in Virginia, and planning to move to California.

The entire state of NC isn't conservative. There are areas that are more accepting like Asheville.

I strongly feel that sexuality is not a choice. A person cannot choose to be gay, much as one doesn't choose to be straight. If a straight person says that it's a choice, does that mean if they choose so, they can become attracted to a person of the same sex to the point where they get aroused, their heart thumping hard and (for the men) have a certain body part engorged? No. That makes no sense to me.

Attraction is part of who you are. It has nothing to do with making "choices", much as you can't choose to prefer a certain body type over another. And that's how I see it! :)

Back