Is this a valid reason to wanting to be deaf?

Yea I mean we read in (rockinrobin's?) post about the actor from torchwood going "deaf for a day" using those methods one can surely without a doubt block noise "simulate the deafness" without doing anything permanent. So the question is instead, is it worth the trouble to have the same noise blocking mold and such to solve the individuals particular problem? The poster hopefully came to their senses.. otherwise they have a whole new set of fun things that are difficult to deal with and impossible to reverse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Last edited:
Being Deaf and Autistic, I can totally relate with you and I don't think wanting to become deaf for said reasons is unreasonable at all. I hate using my CI's, which doesn't matter too much now as one just broke. but I will only use them in quiet to talk with other person. they instantly come off when it gets noisy or i am done talking with hearing person. Bi-Lateral CI destroys any residual hearing. I will admit I LOVE my total quiet. except for the Tinnitus but that is usually not bad.
I am really hypersensitive to high frequency which is exactly the type of noise that CI produce. they never do the low frequency sound which would be much better. i was never able to convince an Audiologist to do only low frequency CI mapping. plus a bunch of my electrodes are turned of cuz the CI surgeon put one of the implants in too deep.

Back