Is He Really In The Sky Up There?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mame

Reaction score
I always thought God is up there in the sky.I figured He will be maybe an old man with long white bear and on a white throne judging and doing good things to good people. Or maybe He is something .

If this is the kind of God then I really dont care about Him.He is too hard and demanding. He doesnt show interest in our affairs.That was my attitude.But deep down in me,I must i confess i didntthink i can boldly say O old man God take your hand of me!
But then the God, the Christian message proclaim is not the type I pictured to be.
I really I admire Him and Love Him! What do you think has gotten into me to make me so crazy about Him.
Surely God become a man! And this is Jesus! You ever thought of that- a real man like me and you.And what do you think was His purpose for becoming a man? To do miracles? Preach? Be a good man? Dying on the cross? Surely He did all these but for what? To make man God in life and nature but not in the Godhead.
Look God is near and not far up there in the sky.He is a real man. And His name is Jesus. Just call O Lord Jesus! And He will be in you to be your life.He became a man that He might be man's life!
He is Emmanuel God with us! Hallelujah! no longer far away in the sky.He is near and rich to all men that call upon His name. Just call " O Lord Jesus!"

A bit heavy but I agree .
You can not see him but have felt and heard him.

A story

To give an illustration of God's game of hide and seek. Anandamayi Ma tells the following story. A wealthy merchant once went on a business trip. A thief in the disguise of a businessman joined him, intent upon robbing him at the earliest suitable ocasion. Every morning, before leaving the inn in which they happened to have put up for the night, the merchant would count the money quite openly and then put it into his pocket. At night the merchant went to sleep seemingly without suspicion. While he was asleep, the thief would frantically search through all the belongings of the merchant without being able to find the money. After several nights of frustrating searching, the thief finally in resignation confessed to the merchant his true intention and pleaded with him to tell him how he was able to hide his money so successfully. The merchant replied casually: "I knew from the beginning what you were up to. So, every night I placed the money under your pillow. I could safely sleep, knowing fully well that that would be the one place where you would never look." And Anandamayi Ma comments: "God is within everyone, but man goes out in search of Him. This is what constitutes God's Play and God's Creation."

I agree with Dakini...

The almighty paremeshwar (god) is within us all...we need not search for him anywhere, he is besides us, behind us, in fact he is within us...I am reminded of a song:

Krishna in Mathura
Krishna in Dwarika
Sri Hari Krishna
I call your name...

Far away in Mathura
Far away in Dwarika
But here in my heart...
Vindhaya Krishna

Jai Jai Krishana
Jai Jai Mahadeva
Why did I forget?
You are here in my heart!!

Why search for God anywhere else, when the atma (spirit) if him, God!! I have always heard people say, God created us in his form, so if we are his form, search for the inner truth within us, and no where else...

Kashveera

I had this one vision/dream of the Divinity within us a couple of years ago. I was standing on a beach with a group of deaf people. These clouds hanging over the ocean opened up to reveal the most beautiful place I had ever seen. It was a sparkling crystal island, so full of light, beauty, joy, peace and most of all Love. Just even looking at it, I felt my entire body fill with so much Love, it's rays touching every cell/atom of my being. I felt like I came from there, it felt like home, I longed to go back because it was the most beautiful thing to feel, nothing on Earth ever came as close to what I experienced right then.

I said to the deaf people on the beach "LOOK!" pointing at it. But as soon as they turned their heads to look at it, the clouds hurriedly covered it up that they never saw it.

I realized what the symbolism of the deaf people meant. It meant that if you are "deaf spiritually" you won't see God within yourself. We all have two sets of ears, our external ears that we use for hearing external sounds. There is a second set of ears that is internal. It is when we "listen" within that we hear the Truth of who we are.

This message was repeated when this Asian Master appeared to me in another vision/dream not too long ago. As soon as I met him when our eyes met, I felt One with him, like he knew me and I knew him. I felt his Love pour through my entire body without even touching me. The interesting thing about him was that he had a second set of ears on his neck! Ah ha! "Inner ears" to listen within.

I have experienced God's Love several times without having to go searching for God elsewhere. It came from right inside of myself. Human love does not even come close, not even a drop of it. Human's love conditionally no matter how hard we think we love unconditionally. God's Love is Purely Unconditional, it is the Holiest River that purifies ourselves as a stagnant, filthy pond. The pond and river are the one and same, right? It's just water. As long as we keep ourselves separate, we become stagnant like a pond. That is how it is between ourselves and God.

I agree with eru. God is Omnipresent meaning God is everywhere. How awe the God of creation. He created everything and nothing surpise or unexpected Him. He's Omniscience Jehovah God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back