iPhone with TAP ?

The iPhone is exclusive to AT&T for 5 years. Don't hold your breath waiting for any other US carrier to get it. Vodaphone is expected to get the iPhone internationally.

OIC no problem. I'm not after the iPhone tho. LOL I didn't research cuz I'm lazy..

Catty

Tmobile does have good "TAP" plan. it's $29.99 a month for unlimit data plans on Blackberry (unlimit Email, Unlimit Internet, Unlimit Data (like AIM), 300 Text) If you don't plan to use text that often then it's worth it. I personally don't use text much tho.. I've spoken w/ Tmobile's Blackberry Department. They told me of plan. It's pretty much similiar to Sidekick except Text. All you have to do is to tell them you are deaf and need just a Data Only plan. They'll work out with you. I am a Tmobile Customer for 4 years and never had plm w/ it. I told them I'm going for BB Curve once it come out. That's where I learned of plan. The Represative himself is excited to own one too LOL.

Maybe YOU should call Tmobile Reprensative and Ask them to transfer you to Blackberry Dept. Then talk to them that you want DATA only plan cuz you're deaf and you currently have Blackberry. See if you can ask them to change it to $29.99 a month w/o voice plan. If you don't like their 300 text, then it'll be $5 or $10 extra for Unlimit Text which bring up to $35 to $40 a month which makes sense... Don't curse or swear at Represative! They'll go offensive.. (happens to couple of my friends who made a stupid move)

Sprint have good plan too. Like what Dennis told you. Sprint Relay Support Center is where you can get $29.99 for Data only plan on Blackberry, Treo, and HSP. BUT for example, IF you got Blackberry Curve which is coming out soon. ASK Sprint if they will setup $29.99 for deaf. Contact Sprintrelaysupport for info before you jump in for one.

As for iPhone under ATT, just wait few months because there are alot of excitements going on this month. Personally, it'll be around $40 a month for TAP. I'd rather wait until Sprint, Tmobile, and Verizon get iPhone.. I would find out how much they offer.

don't shoot the messager before you ask!

Catty

You think you know it all?? Honey, I've done my share of calling T-Mobile and AT&T. I have already covered every base I could think of. T-Mobile does not offer a TAP type of plan for Blackberrys. If they did, it would be no voice plan, unlimited data, unlimited web, and unlimited text messages (most Blackberries use text with IM software!). AT&T already offer 5,000 text messages in their $29.95 TAP deal! Again, for $29.95, T-Mobile offer the same deal except they only permit 300 text messages?! Puh-lease, honey! T-Mobile doesn't have the "TAP" deal for Blackberrys! If I did get the plan I wanted, it would cost about 45 dollars a month from T-Mo! You're way off.

Tmobile already had the plan 4 years ago when first Sidekick came out. All you have to do is to tell them you are deaf and want to use Data only plan. They happily work out with you.

It's a contrast to ATT Reprensative which are not friendly. I told the customer svc over the phone and ask about TAP. They never heard of it and I had "mudslinging" with ATT Reprensative. Until I learnd there is a phone number for TAP that you provided in other posting. Actually, ATT should have transfer me to TAP dept instead of going offensive with me which is a friendly way to work out. So I rated Tmobile the best customer service cuz Tmobile Reprensative immedialy know that you are deaf cuz you're using relay or VRS either way (Sidekicks are very popular among deaf population so that's why they're used to deafie)..

Verizon.. I would LOVE to have a phone number for VWAP plan!! I want to know how much they offer for deafie.. They better have BB plan for deafie.. One of my friend is asking me about Verizon.

Catty

Who the fuck cares about Sidekicks?!?! On another Deaf blogsite, a poll was taken and Sidekick users are less than 20% while Blackberry users are in the top poll count. That shows Blackberrys have better features, been more reliable and durable than Sidekicks!

OIC no problem. I'm not after the iPhone tho. LOL I didn't research cuz I'm lazy..

Catty

Of course, you just had to assume, be lazy and mouthing off with your hands! You better get yourself updated, honey!

I know Cingular/AT&T had a 5 year deal with Apple and its iPhone. Earlier this year, rumors were flying around that Apple was trying to strike up a deal with Cingular/AT&T to offer and require a 5 year service contract! Damn. I would be pissed if I was forced to sign for a 5 year service! Technology is always changing every 18 months on average. So, 1 or 2 year contracts are better, reasonable and more feasible.

Back