iPhone is better than EVO

Status
Not open for further replies.
960x640 is actual IMPROPERLY design for 3.5inch screen device. its suppose 480 resolution or less for small screen.. HTC HD2 and EVO runs HD quailty, so 800x400 is accurate designed for BIG SCREEN as such 4 and 8inch.

Are you sure you understand the concept of resolution and dpi? The higher the dpi, the more details you pack within an inch. Since a normal human eye cannot resolve more details beyond 300 dpi at a foot distance, the iPhone 4 has enough details that you can resolve. It is a perfect balance - more dpi won't help because you wouldn't be able to resolve any more details unless you use a magnifying glass.

800x400 for 4" display is pretty a nice resolution but nowhere as sharp or detailed as iPhone's 960x640 in a 3.5 display. Ideally, all displays should have 300 dpi and iPhone is the first commercial phone to reach that dpi. Pack any more dpi and it becomes truly s a waste of efficiency.

To have 300 dpi on a 17" monitor would require several gigabytes of video RAM and thousands of cores but we will get there, hopefully in 5 years. That would definitely make publishing so MUCH easier - what you see is truly what you get on print. That would make me VERY happy! :) BTW, we HAVE the technology to display extremely high DPI LCD, as high as 2000 dpi LCD, the problem is that we cannot scale it well for large monitors because of today's graphics card limitations.

Linux still suck for battery life for mobile.

:lol: I don't see any difference when I used Sammy. My Netbook running on Ubuntu last bit longer than Windoz XP.

It depends on what apps you are using or how often you use the phone. iphone 4g and Evo makes no difference. It all depends on how you use the phone tho.

Catty

:lol: I don't see any difference when I used Sammy. My Netbook running on Ubuntu last bit longer than Windoz XP.

It depends on what apps you are using or how often you use the phone. iphone 4g and Evo makes no difference. It all depends on how you use the phone tho.

Catty

HTC Evo has lower standby battery life when compare to iPhone 4.

HTC Evo has lower standby battery life when compare to iPhone 4.

Battery life has never been a strong point for Apple’s notoriously thirsty smartphone, but the company claims to have improved it this time around, and the same 4G modem that gives the EVO 4G its leg up in connectivity is its Achilles heel here. HTC hasn’t released complete battery life estimates for the EVO 4G, but we managed to get six hours of only on-and-off 4G data usage, while Apple claims the iPhone 4 will do six solid hours on 3G. Talk time also seems to suffer, with HTC claiming 360 minutes on the EVO 4G and Apple claiming 420 on the iPhone 4.
Apple iPhone 4 vs. HTC EVO 4G

Overall Winner: Apple iPhone 4 :)

EVO s battery life is short in using 4G.

Catty

No, Try OSX.

I read tomshardware and tech said OSX Leopard is longer than Windows 7 at exactly same hardware. No wonder new Macbook Pro 13" have 10 hours of battery life. OFC iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4 still beat HTC EVO for battery life.

Linux is very limited software like VR software, Adobe, games. Linux is too much to work for terminal to install a install/uninstall for driver and software unlike Windows/OSX.

Linux is good for server only but mobile/laptop? I don't think so.

I don't think Linux can do 10 hours at Intel Core 2 Duo for laptop.

Wirelessly posted

:lol:

How? I don't have a camcorder.

I do have an IBM ThinkPad with that processor.

Congrats... EVO is awesome!!!

Evo has video-front before Ip4..

WHAT!? You are delusion or something? You better read article, ** FB CEO Mark Zuckerberg recently switched from BlackBerry to Apple’s iPhone, but he admitted Ip3Gs runs actual poor Battery Life and dropped Calls **.. Yes i agree with C30's comments; and Ipod Touch's terrible battery life, too. Its battery drain FAST when watch one movie! I can watch two or three movies on PSP for 3-4 hours, its very stable battery life then itouch for actual facts.
:laugh2:

My iPod touch's battery life is more than five hours for HD movie.

My iPod touch beat your PSP. :aw:

My Blackberry Curve's battery life sux. I upgraded Innocell 1500mAh and then, My EVO's battery life sux. I upgraded Innocell 1750mAh. They are 20% more power as Made from the highest quality Japanese Lithium Polymer cells are better than stock battery (Made in China).

Iphone's memory build in can't remove or take out to change new memory sd

htc evo's memory micro sd can change any 8gb or 16gb or 32gb.. So better than iphone..
This!

1) Are you sure you understand the concept of resolution and dpi? The higher the dpi, the more details you pack within an inch. Since a normal human eye cannot resolve more details beyond 300 dpi at a foot distance, the iPhone 4 has enough details that you can resolve. It is a perfect balance - more dpi won't help because you wouldn't be able to resolve any more details unless you use a magnifying glass.

2) 800x400 for 4" display is pretty a nice resolution but nowhere as sharp or detailed as iPhone's 960x640 in a 3.5 display. Ideally, all displays should have 300 dpi and iPhone is the first commercial phone to reach that dpi. Pack any more dpi and it becomes truly s a waste of efficiency.

To have 300 dpi on a 17" monitor would require several gigabytes of video RAM and thousands of cores but we will get there, hopefully in 5 years. That would definitely make publishing so MUCH easier - what you see is truly what you get on print. That would make me VERY happy! :) BTW, we HAVE the technology to display extremely high DPI LCD, as high as 2000 dpi LCD, the problem is that we cannot scale it well for large monitors because of today's graphics card limitations.

1) Yeah I am positively sure.. Somehow OnPower brought up abt *R/S*, thats why I was concentrated on *R/S*.

HA HA!, I never have thought what you talk about DPI. thank for clarification. I really almost agree with your post, However few weeks ago I read article, Doctor said * 960x640 runs in a 3.5 LCD device which can be damage eyes & isnt good health for human eyes *. DR is right! AND Samsung CEO was concerned, also. I will find link of article.. anyway I don't try to compare PC Monitor to high ended phone. but its concept, 17 inch Monitor is restrict resolution of 800x600 and 1280x1024, can't max 1080p for instance. see, APPLE dont care about people's health and smell their green grasss.. LOL! APPLE is represent of M$FT..

2) You are right! I actually satisfy with 800x480 resolution. But :hmm: *I don't understand why apple wanted 960x640 runs in the DAMN SMALL LCD Ip4, and try to equal with 8/10inch netbook (800x600 and 1024x600)?* Oh apple try telling us that Ip4 is category of netbook/ slates? thats ridiculous! :P

Retina display wont catch up with Super AMOLED display in future.. Ahhh Retina LCD is OUTDATED already!

R/S stands for resolution size..

@purplecatty, someone didn't provide you link of tomshardware... He depend on tomshardware, he think Tech is his GOD only without own resource & feedbacks..

I always advice: RESOURCE, FEEDBACKS (from owners wisdoms) AND YOUTUBE, those are your BESTFRIEND & SOLUTION, right?

My son has own itouch and I listen his complaint about itouch's crappy battery life. he received a gift by relatives. I asked him, I can lend his and watch movie @ clinc. He is right about itouch's battery life is VERY POOR! my sons words is match with CEO MARK's words about battery life..

interesting @ XBGMER ... good speaking.. (not bedtime storyteller)

ANDROID EVO 4G and Dell Streak video eachothers!
fringvideo0618201012769.jpg

Dell streak and EVO's video fronts knock ip4 down! ANDROID FTW!

Here ,Please you watch the real footage clip before post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back