iPhone + CI = ?

Ruminator

Reaction score
If anyone here has had a chance to have a few conversations on an iPhone using a CI, how was the sound quality? I chatted on a floor model iPhone using my hearing aid back before it declined last summer and decided at the time that its sound quality was plenty adequate, but of course, that was then and this is now. (Scheduled to be implanted Feb. 29.)

I used my friend who has an Iphone. I did not like the sound quality with my CIs. It was difficult to get it placed to hear on. Might need to try it again since I have had my CIs awhile.

good luck on surgery.

I haven't had the chance to try out an iPhone, but I have a motorola Razr V3T and I love it - sound comes through crystal clear with my CI.

Two things to look for when purchasing a cell phone are the fact that the phone uses CDMA technology (this is because CDMA provides better sound quality than GMA technology) and a clamshell design and/or wider earpiece.

Another factor to consider is the cellular provider. Some providers are better than others and while one cellular provider may be good in one area (city/state), it may be poor in another.

I have an LG clamshell design phone and its sound quality is excellent with my CIs.

The sound quality of the IPhone compared to LG's or Motorola Rzrs. Mr. Jobs has a little tweaking to do!

I bought a RAZR 2 over the iPhone after my activation. I can't hear anything on the iPhone but the RAZR's sound quality is super clear!

Back