IP-Relay issue

ClearSky

Reaction score
Since yesterday I kept getting many many calls from this person who never left a message from IP Relay. It's a phone number I do not recognize, but I am sure it's from my state (different area code). Anyway, well, I got tired of the many e-mails letting me know someone called, so I called this person back to see who they were calling. It was a man who answered. I told him that I kept getting many call from this phone number, and he said, well, I guess I can't get in contact with her. I said, I don't know who you're calling, but I am letting you know I don't recognize the phone number, so that you stop calling. He then said okay.

It's kind of weird because he seemd to know how to use the relay, but said that he can't get in contact (wtf?!) I wish IP had a block feature.

Another time, I got a call from this car selling company who wanted whoever that was to pay them. I called to let them know it wasn't me, so they quit calling.

Any issues? I don't find the IP Relay to solve the problem, but it can be useful sometimes.

ClearSky said:
Since yesterday I kept getting many many calls from this person who never left a message from IP Relay. It's a phone number I do not recognize, but I am sure it's from my state (different area code). Anyway, well, I got tired of the many e-mails letting me know someone called, so I called this person back to see who they were calling. It was a man who answered. I told him that I kept getting many call from this phone number, and he said, well, I guess I can't get in contact with her. I said, I don't know who you're calling, but I am letting you know I don't recognize the phone number, so that you stop calling. He then said okay.

It's kind of weird because he seemd to know how to use the relay, but said that he can't get in contact (wtf?!) I wish IP had a block feature.

Another time, I got a call from this car selling company who wanted whoever that was to pay them. I called to let them know it wasn't me, so they quit calling.

Any issues? I don't find the IP Relay to solve the problem, but it can be useful sometimes.

WHOA!!! It sounds like someone knows you are deaf... You need to be careful.. find a way to block these calls...

SxyPorkie

I know, I didn't like it. I just hate the many messages I was being left because of someone who kept on calling. There's no way to block it on IP Relay. I have had other calls, but none that would call over and over again. I rarely ever put down that phone number anywhere really except for professional forms--not any forms, and it's really rare that I have used it.

ClearSky said:
I know, I didn't like it. I just hate the many messages I was being left because of someone who kept on calling. There's no way to block it on IP Relay. I have had other calls, but none that would call over and over again. I rarely ever put down that phone number anywhere really except for professional forms--not any forms, and it's really rare that I have used it.

I was wrong. The area code does not come from the same state.

let me put it this way; the telephone numbers used for my ip-relay are the same numbers which cold callers will oftentimes call, because they are not on any do-not-call list. i know from experience, when i'd process alot of my ip relay calls.. the man probably knew you were deaf because, the way the call works is that the person calling will dial your number, then you are connected to the relay operator who says "please hold while i connect you", then when the line is connected the operator might ask "operator here do you know how to use relay?" , and if the person does not know how to use relay, the operator will proceed to read a script saying something like "relay service is a public service which makes communication accessible to those who are deaf hard of hearing , or speech disabled... ... ... please speak more slowly and in the first person because you are talking directly to the person ", so that is how the man probalby knew you were deaf. if you are getting calls from telemarketers you can still put your number on the do not call list...

Hi, thank you. The person had stopped calling. I have had other calls with no messages. I will just delete them. The person knows, but it's weird that he would say, "well, I guess I can't talk to her," but he kept on calling with no messages before I called him to stop. I will just delete unknown numbers from now on.

Back