Introduction

smorgan

Reaction score
Wow, well I feel well introduced to this site..... I just registered today and I already feel very unwelcome from reading the first post I see about "those looking to do interview". Yes, I am a hearing student. I just heard about this site and wanted to get involved I am looking for a Deaf person OUT OF THE COUNTRY OF THE UNITED STATES. if this post is not acceptable. please comment and I will take away my membership like Jolie77 has asked and try to find a different Deaf community that will accept a student trying to grow and expand in the Deaf community and make more connections, more friends.

Just a recap

If you don't mind me staying please let me know.

If you want me to go elsewhere. Please let me know.

I am looking for a Deaf person from outside of the United States to interview. If anyone is interested.

Thanks
.:wave:

I don't mind, even though I'm not profound deaf, but I'm hearing impaired, and I live in the states.

Wow, well I feel well introduced to this site..... I just registered today and I already feel very unwelcome from reading the first post I see about "those looking to do interview". Yes, I am a hearing student. I just heard about this site and wanted to get involved I am looking for a Deaf person OUT OF THE COUNTRY OF THE UNITED STATES. if this post is not acceptable. please comment and I will take away my membership like Jolie77 has asked and try to find a different Deaf community that will accept a student trying to grow and expand in the Deaf community and make more connections, more friends.

Just a recap

I am looking for a Deaf person from outside of the United States to interview. If anyone is interested.

Thanks
so why join if you dislike it already? The thread about survey came about for a reason.

That reason was the excessive amount of student requests of this nature. It drives away those for whom the site is intended, and leaves the newbies to whom it is still a novelty.

Bottesini,

I looked for a forum that went with my question. I have gone thru the introduction and have found a few people that I have sent friend request to. I didn't say I disliked this sight I just disliked the first introduction I saw. I'm not going to dislike a whole site just because of 1 person, that is like saying I don't like all people from Canada because just one was rude to me. I must check out the whole thing.

Just a recap

Thanks

On bold statements, if you are looking for a Deaf person outside of United States, then I don't know why you want to interview which sound like you are trying to ask him or her about your homework. Interview means asking for his or her profile of being deaf in other country so that you can get what you want.

That is not the way we do here. We don't like to be interview. Sorry. :(

Bebonang,

From what I was taught, Deaf are very open to conversations, It may just be where I am from, but they are always willing to talk and have a conversation and open up. I'm not only looking for an interview but a friendship. I also want to learn different signed languages. I love the communications with the hands!

=)

Bebonang,

From what I was taught, Deaf are very open to conversations, It may just be where I am from, but they are always willing to talk and have a conversation and open up. I'm not only looking for an interview but a friendship. I also want to learn different signed languages. I love the communications with the hands!

=)

Here we try to make topics on what we want to discuss like learned something about our differences in deafness and other perspective in our discussion. Many different deaf and hard of hearing discuss what we were brought up in spite of our differences. We are not suppose to chat on conversations for pleasure. Some of them did not know that we were not suppose to chat, but we have to remind them that it is not a chat, chat but to discuss the topic as a discussion. It is not a chat forum.

Back