Introducing Yourself

There is one thing you can try if you prefer is that you can use sign language like pointing your ear, lift your hand up a little and shake your head and they should be able to understand that you are Deaf. I would prefer to use notepad to explain to hearing people to face in front of you and for them to talk you or write down notepad to communicate with you. That is my opinion.

Thinking of getting a tape recorder, saying....Oh...HI! I'm deaf....ur dumb....don't like it?...Ho Hum!....Piece of gum?"

:naughty:

Yeah, you could always get one of those red circles with a slash through it, and paste it over your ears.

2zia4pc.jpg

:laugh2:

Or just a large neon sign with "I'm deaf" in big flashy letters? That will surely work.

There is one thing you can try if you prefer is that you can use sign language like pointing your ear, lift your hand up a little and shake your head and they should be able to understand that you are Deaf. I would prefer to use notepad to explain to hearing people to face in front of you and for them to talk you or write down notepad to communicate with you. That is my opinion.

Thanks for the advice, Bebonang. I do try and speak to people where I can but if it's too hard I will resort to a notepad or some other technology :D

Back