Introducing myself

Dan Schwartz

Reaction score
Hello, AllDeaf.com readers.

I'm an Electrical Engineer, and hearing impaired myself. I'm also a strong advocate for hearing healthcare, including cochlear implants.

I also edit The Hearing Blog, which earlier today published an analysis of the Advanced Bionics CI recall, titled Failing Ugly: Advanced Bionics cochlear implant circuit goes haywire.

Since one of the Members of this community cited it, I'm happy to answer any questions about this issue. However, I do ask that you read the article in toto, as I tried to explain things as best I could.

Advanced Bionics has a lot to answer for, besides what is in the FDA-approved press release and in the patient recall letter.

Dan Schwartz
Cherry Hill, NJ

I am not sure I want to go there on this discussion. It will be another drama again. (Sigh) Here we go again. :(

Hi Dan, I've followed your various blogs for some time and really like how deep you tend to go in getting to really know the technology and pushing the boundaries. Glad you are back.

Hi Dan, I've followed your various blogs for some time and really like how deep you tend to go in getting to really know the technology and pushing the boundaries. Glad you are back.

What do you mean "Glad you are back"? He is a new member, not an old member. :hmm:

hearing healthcare? ok

What do you mean "Glad you are back"? He is a new member, not an old member. :hmm:

I think he was on Facebook a long time. Possibly he quit there. If I am not mistaken he is big in HLAA.

Back