Interview with a Deaf person.

Sorry also. :(

Idk why my prof thought of sending me to an online forum for the hearing impaired, but I will tell him of te sentiments which I came across in here.

Thank you for your response. I am a special education major, and we always aim for inclusive education.

Hoping to learn more, though.

-jj

Sorry also. :(

Idk why my prof thought of sending me to an online forum for the hearing impaired, but I will tell him of te sentiments which I came across in here.

Thank you for your response. I am a special education major, and we always aim for inclusive education.

Hoping to learn more, though.

-jj

You don't really need to express your outrage in so many threads. We see you.

Plus inclusive education is no necessarily the least restrictive environment.

Sorry, not familiar with how this forum works. This is my first time to be in a group like this.

It's not an outrage (that's an extreme word hehe). I just thought people were mostly friendly in forums, about these interviews. I had no idea it was offensive to ask people who are differently abled about their abilities :( huhu sorry again.

:( I was saddened by what I read here. I didn't know that the deaf community could be rather harsh to the hearing community. We actually do want to learn more about your experiences, because we want to understand how we are similar or different we are.

I also came here hoping to find people to interview because that was the requested mode by our teacher.

I am disheartened by the fact that despite our efforts to want to understand how the deaf community deals with daily struggles, you actually do isolate yourselves by replying this way to people who want to understand you and help you feel that yes, we all are different, but that these differences shouldn't matter. :(

I was going to write my assignment to raise awareness about the deaf community and their educational background. I wanted to write about the programs from different countries, and compare it with ours. Our education for people who are differently abled is not so nice yet.

Anyway, maybe I shouldn't ask here anymore..

That's the problem. Many people come in here thinking we need help. No one is asking for help here.

Hyperdrive-GIF.gif

We aren't 'differently abled' - we just can't hear, or in my case can't hear very well. I understand you do not mean anything by that statement, but our being medically HOH/deaf does not make us differently abled, which may sound weird to you considering I am basically saying 'We can't hear but there is nothing different about us', but it is true. You can ask anyone here - I can guarantee you that they have done equal to, if not more than, the amount of things in life than your average hearing person.

I know that one day I will likely be deaf (hopefully Deaf), and that doesn't worry me, and those here who are d/Deaf I can tell you aren't worried about how they are getting along in life - we are getting along just fine.

That said - look around the forum and in different topics. You will likely find the answers to your questions there.

-Jason

well -- put yourself in our shoes. we are constantly struggling against the communication barriers, "constant hearing say never minds" deflating our spirits, teasing, the jokes, the always you cant attitude when in fact we can, etc etc.

Look at it this way -- what do you see when you see a battered,beat down woman? she is scared, scorned, angry and how does this make you feel. Now look at deaf and hoh. what do you see? I can tell you that you are NOT feeling the same when you see a torn battered women. in fact -- theres pity. Do you like being pitied on all the time?! this is wrong.. wrong i tell you.

Look at the blind -- they can hear more by analyzing sounds better then a regular person can. We deaf and Hoh are more sensitive to what we see and feel. Trust me when we can read between the lines in your personality, behaviors, the pity better then others can even if you tried to hide it. We KNOW the gossip is about us across the room.

Back