Internet Relay in Canada?

Angel_Realm

Reaction score
Is there any Internet Relay Service in Canada? I tried to access Sprint Relay but it won't work in Canada even when it advertised that it's available in Canada........

Not yet.. Will release on January 2007 for Sprint Canada company
Wait til ..
*mumbling*

Suggest use.. 1 800 855 1155 tty to tty only.. they'll placed you transfer.
by Call collect..

Bell Relay Services
1 800 855 0511 (for hearing call) to call Deaf
711 for Deaf only to call BRS.. to contact hearing people.. but you're not living in Ontario.Canada..

But there's have lot of listing for rest other provices.. I have no idea rest other provinces phone number... for Relay Services..
Try ask around others..

GalaxyAngel said:
Not yet.. Will release on January 2007 for Sprint Canada company
Huh? What? Where'd you see this? No one has said anything about any internet relay or VRS coming to Canada anytime soon. Canada VRS is still in the works because Canada doesn't have a way to pay for it yet.

Dennis said:
Huh? What? Where'd you see this? No one has said anything about any internet relay or VRS coming to Canada anytime soon. Canada VRS is still in the works because Canada doesn't have a way to pay for it yet.

I emailed to sprint vrs company... and got reply email from Sprint and stated that wait til January 2007 release opening for Canada.

I've been using sprint vrs in usa all the time and caught me.. cannot let you use sprint vrs.. I did file complaint and emailed to Sprint in Canada and finally got email few days ago..

Wanna see it?

GalaxyAngel said:
I emailed to sprint vrs company... and got reply email from Sprint and stated that wait til January 2007 release opening for Canada.

I've been using sprint vrs in usa all the time and caught me.. cannot let you use sprint vrs.. I did file complaint and emailed to Sprint in Canada and finally got email few days ago..

Wanna see it?

Hmm. The latest news I have is:

http://www.cad.ca/index.php?lid=e&cid=9&pid=0
March 31, 2006

VRS Partner Announced!

The Canadian Association of the Deaf and the Canadian Cultural Society of the Deaf are pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement with Sprint to work together to bring Video Relay Service (VRS) to Canada.

Due to the regulatory process involved in establishing VRS in this country, it will still be a long time before the service is up and running. We will keep people informed as things progress.

However, you're right, Sprint is the official VRS provider for Canada. If you've gotten an email from them stating it's coming in Jan 2007, I'd love to see a PM of it. Just interesting to hear about that.

okay Everyone.. as long you can view my email here..
I have to use(means cover blue: privacy my email address and others too) okay
Thank you
16209370141.jpg

There's go.. Hopefully can you read clearly... of course it's bit of blur.. due compress.. :D

Okay, cool.

I didn't see January 2007 anywhere in that email. Could you help me find it? And that email is from the Canada Assoc for the Deaf, not Sprint. Did you talk to anyone at Sprint? You said you filed a complaint with Sprint, so I was confused.

In any case, the President of CAD is Sheila Carlin. I can't tell for sure if that's who responded to you.

GalaxyAngel said:
okay Everyone.. as long you can view my email here..
I have to use(means cover blue: privacy my email address and others too) okay
Thank you
16209370141.jpg

There's go.. Hopefully can you read clearly... of course it's bit of blur.. due compress.. :D

All you have to do is to cut and paste the words. We do not need to know your true identify and your email address. :)

VRS Now in Canada

Is there any Internet Relay Service in Canada? I tried to access Sprint Relay but it won't work in Canada even when it advertised that it's available in Canada........

:cool2: Do you know HOVRS is launched canada to canada VRS?
Text for AIM, MSN or IMs still wait for announcement from Canada Television and Radio Commission ( CTRC ) . www.hovrs.com must have WebCam.

Is this relay service for the deaf?

Hello there,
I am confused which one is setting up for relay. I do not need TTY. ga

Question on Ip Relay

If you do not have a phone, how can you acquire an ip relay? Everyone asks for one, and I do not have one.

If you do not have a phone, how can you acquire an ip relay? Everyone asks for one, and I do not have one.

You don't need a phone to use IP Relay. I use it through my AIM on the computer. Just add IP-Relay to your buddy list to make relay calls. Or you can go online IP-Relay.com and register.

The above info: re IP/video relay, is NOT actualized as of today.

The current system VCO TTY is in Quebec city. Accessed by dailing 711

Aside: I have been using TTY since 1996

Actually there's been both IP and IM relay available in Canada for a number of years now.

There isn't Video Relay (VRS) quite yet but it's getting very very close.

you not clear to mind. you not aware it define mind. you know CRTC is wait fro 2015 or 2014 wait for CRTR wait longers. be patient we hear news.

we dont' know when start to VRS implementation CRTC already process.

we are patient hear long VRS hope be CRTC!

Not Yet CRTC will process it is very process!

The date of the original comment was 2005.

Personally not unduly concerned about IP/video et al as I will continue using my VCO TTY as I have- since 1996.

Back