International Day Of The Deaf - 28 Sept 2007

My deaf friend send me the video blog about International Day of the Deaf. It is a very interesting film and show us how we should be able to support sign language. There were deaf people from different countries telling us about the sign language. They hope that the sign language will not die and all of the deaf people from different countries will wear a long sleeve black top which would present that we will go to the funeral for the sign language. They don't want to have sign language die and just want to let us know that we need the support to keep our sign language alive. I would love to go to the convention like this but I don't have the money to go for the trip to Paris, France for that special event. Every deaf people all over the world love the sign language so much that we need it very badly as our visual sign language which is much better than lipreading. I want to support them but I just can not go there. God bless this International Day of the Deaf. Go for the protest and let the hearing people know that we need the sign language whether they like or not. :wave:

Yeah, I got an email from NAD about this as well. Let's all celebrate Sept. 28!

Back