interesting upcoming episode of Scrubs

guido

Reaction score
I was browsing through a list of upcoming episodes of Scrubs and saw the description for one episode set to air on April 19, titled "My Words of Wisdom." Here is the description.

The fate of Nurse Roberts is revealed. J.D. treats a deaf patient and learns that Turk knows sign language. They are shocked when the parents refuse a surgical implant that would allow their son to hear.

For anyone who hasn't seen this show, its one of my favorite sitcoms. I'll definetely be watching this episode.

I was browsing through a list of upcoming episodes of Scrubs and saw the description for one episode set to air on April 19, titled "My Words of Wisdom." Here is the description.

For anyone who hasn't seen this show, its one of my favorite sitcoms. I'll definetely be watching this episode.

Thanks for the information, guido! I'll try to catch it.

Oh cool, thanks for letting us know. I love Scrubs and TiVo records it every week but I'll make sure not to miss this one.

I LOVE Scrubs and actually just got done watching an episode.

Will definitely tune in to see this one.

My fiancé commented that this isn't usually a topic addressed by comedies, so it should be interesting. I expect they'll do a good job with it (as long as the actors are deaf!).

My fiancé commented that this isn't usually a topic addressed by comedies, so it should be interesting. I expect they'll do a good job with it (as long as the actors are deaf!).

I have to agree with you on that point. My father in Native American and watching the old westerns from the 50’s and 60’s they always used white actors in horrible make up and awful wigs doing their ignorant Indian impressions. I always hated that growing up. Even more modern movies have done that. Last of the Mohicans, one of my favorite movies has white actors doing some of the larger fight scenes, but they have mostly real NA playing all the other parts so I don’t understand it. Dances with Wolves I looked and didn’t see any white actor’s used. Yes there are few NA left in this country but there are still about 4 million they can find them to act. I find it offensive. So yeah hopefully they will use REAL DEAFIES and not some hearing actor portraying what they think a Deaf person is like.

Thank you for the info. I'm not an avid watcher, but I catch the show every once in a while. I will definately catch this one. Thank you again.

:gpost: When is it supposed to be on? i don't get to watch Scrubs as much as i'd like but i love the show

Count me in as a Scrubs fan! I haven't seen a lot of Deafies liking this series, though. :(

I'm replying late but wanted to say that I'm another Scrubs fan along with my husband. But, sadly we missed that episode. I'll have to catch it on a re-run or wait til it's on dvds. :)

-DeafMama78

I'm replying late but wanted to say that I'm another Scrubs fan along with my husband. But, sadly we missed that episode. I'll have to catch it on a re-run or wait til it's on dvds. :)

-DeafMama78

How are you missing that episode if it's set to air later this month in April?

Anyhoo, can't wait to see this one!

set to air on April 19, titled "My Words of Wisdom."

Wait, that's TONIGHT. April 12th.

My tv guide says it's that episode.

I dont see it on my channel lineup for the next week... will have to see if it will comes up soon

I watched it tonight and it was interesting.. funny too.

Although I was a little bit annoyed that JD and Turk tried to push the issue of getting a CI for the deaf boy and the father refused so they went ahead and contacted the mother (parents are divorced) and got the mother's consent to have the boy get CI surgery... the kid was there in the first place for stomach pains...

Sheesh. Whatever.

I watched it tonight and it was interesting.. funny too.

Although I was a little bit annoyed that JD and Turk tried to push the issue of getting a CI for the deaf boy and the father refused so they went ahead and contacted the mother (parents are divorced) and got the mother's consent to have the boy get CI surgery... the kid was there in the first place for stomach pains...

Sheesh. Whatever.

Yeah, it did seem odd that they never asked the kid what he wanted. Overall dissapointing episode, but the Janitor shined like always.

And not to mention, I didn't think it would've been THAT fast for the kid to get an approval for medical procedure for a CI, then there's pre-op, testings, etc... *shrugs*

Back