Interesting experience last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, for the 4000th time, I don't disagree with her refusal to interpret.

I just disagree with her approach. I hate snobs, and she was snobbish, my problem is with the snobbishness. What some of you aren't realizing is she's using the 'deaf culture' as a means act like one.

Read the posts Bebonang have made, she's getting it

I just disagree with her approach. I hate snobs, and she was snobbish, my problem is with the snobbishness. What some of you aren't realizing is she's using the 'deaf culture' as a means act like one.

What about "You can write that down" is snobby?

What about "You can write that down" is snobby?

Maybe by saying "YOU can write that down" can come across as kinda snobbish. What about saying "Can you write that down and continue the conversation with the host?"

Just trying to see it from a different perspective.

I think FJ was more peeved than snobby at the 15 years old girl for trying to find a escape route. In fact, If think about my teenage years, there were plenty of 14 and 15 years old who were snobby with me. They were constantly trying to find another teammate or partner than using me (I went to mainstreamed school) And the sad thing was, sometimes they actually promise their teachers they would take me, but always try to find someone else to take over.

Do you get this worked up with every single person who is rude to you? I am starting to believe you weren't in customer service for very long at all.

now, stfu, ead, and gtfo, bitch.

I think FJ was more peeved than snobby at the 15 years old girl for trying to find a escape route. In fact, If think about my teenage years, there were plenty of 14 and 15 years old who were snobby with me. They were constantly trying to find another teammate or partner than using me (I went to mainstreamed school) And the sad thing was, sometimes they actually promise their teachers they would take me, but always try to find someone else to take over.

True..

We get it, Rain, no need to try for 4001 nasty posts. You are the one treating someone with completely uncalled for disrespect and rudeness, not FJ who was put in an awkward but too-common situation, and rather than support an effort to undermine her host's efforts, reminded the waiter to write her request and simply shared a knowing laugh with the deaf person throwing the party upon experiencing a slight by a waiter who disregarded the request to communicate with the party in writing.

This situation is about gently but firmly refusing to allow people, even those who may not know better, to disregard and disenfranchise the deaf in a public place. It's not about the time 4 years ago when you were waiting tables and someone didn't treat you with the respect you felt you deserved. Get over it.

We get it, Rain, no need to try for 4001 nasty posts. You are the one treating someone with completely uncalled for disrespect and rudeness, not FJ who was put in an awkward but too-common situation, and rather than support an effort to undermine her host's efforts, reminded the waiter to write her request and simply shared a knowing laugh with the deaf person throwing the party upon experiencing a slight by a waiter who disregarded the request to communicate with the party in writing.

This situation is about gently but firmly refusing to allow people, even those who may not know better, to disregard and disenfranchise the deaf in a public place. It's not about the time 4 years ago when you were waiting tables and someone didn't treat you with the respect you felt you deserved. Get over it.

:gpost: :gpost: I agree with you. No one is perfect so FJ is doing the right thing anyway no matter what rain said. He is just talking about manners like Manners 101 to help her how to approach to the 15 years old waiter/waitress on saying the right way without being rude. But overall, I still feel that FJ is doing great what she is doing at the restaurant. So for me, that is a big huge improvement on understanding about deaf perspective. So I praise her for doing that. There I have said it. :cool2:

But overall, I still feel that FJ is doing great what she is doing at the restaurant. So for me, that is a big huge improvement on understanding about deaf perspective. So I praise her for doing that. There I have said it. :cool2:

:hug:

Do you get this worked up with every single person who is rude to you?

yup

I am starting to believe you weren't in customer service for very long at all.

nope

now, stfu, ead, and gtfo, bitch.

ily too

This situation is about gently but firmly refusing to allow people, even those who may not know better, to disregard and disenfranchise the deaf in a public place.

oh definitely, that was the goal of the 15 year old employee, to "disregard and disenfranchise the deaf in a public place"

In other news hell just froze over...

It's not about the time 4 years ago when you were waiting tables and someone didn't treat you with the respect you felt you deserved. Get over it.

hahahaha yes yes, you got me there, my argument had nothing to do with showing manners and everything to do with taking out grievances I had as a teenager.

Any other pansophical readings you can do for me?

Thanks, and coming from someone on the, uhh, "Bewb Patrol"...that means A LOT to me.

Thanks, and coming from someone on the, uhh, "Bewb Patrol"...that means A LOT to me.

hahaha the fact you had to bring that up speaks volumes.

It shows you probably have a hard time getting laid. Your attitude towards life and my bewb patrol. Jealousy will get you nowhere. Fkin' Best Buy workers, gotta love em.

You're right, I do have a hard time "getting laid"...normally I get my gratification from having strangers on the internet email me a picture of their bo..

oh wait

I get that you didn't like what I said...whatever...but why are you now being nasty to people who had nothing to do with it? I promise Grendel is never anything but polite and understanding....

You're right, I do have a hard time "getting laid"...normally I get my gratification from having strangers on the internet email me a picture of their bo..

oh wait
oh wait? please do continue

I get that you didn't like what I said...whatever...but why are you now being nasty to people who had nothing to do with it? I promise Grendel is never anything but polite and understanding....

It's okay babe, the conversation is over, just keep telling yourself you were right...it's a lot easier than trying to change yourself for the better.

That's the best you can do?

It's the only thing I can do, why do you think I have a hard time getting laid! Have any advice???

oh wait? please do continue

It's personal

Anyone else, (and I am assuming F_J the Op might be included but I hate to assume) feel this thread has gotten way to much attention? If the nastiness were to be taken out... there was some validity to the thread way back when it started. Even a little good debate for debates sake.

But this has gone way beyond necessary and into rediculous. Name calling? Berating for the sake of making others look bad and actually making yourself look worse? Really? Is there a point to this thread anymore? I see glimmers..... GrendelQ had it right, no need for more nasty posts.... on either side.... before it gets locked like so many before it.

Anyone else, (and I am assuming F_J the Op might be included but I hate to assume) feel this thread has gotten way to much attention? If the nastiness were to be taken out... there was some validity to the thread way back when it started. Even a little good debate for debates sake.

But this has gone way beyond necessary and into rediculous. Name calling? Berating for the sake of making others look bad and actually making yourself look worse? Really? Is there a point to this thread anymore? I see glimmers..... GrendelQ had it right, no need for more nasty posts.... on either side.... before it gets locked like so many before it.

:) The point is Rain is trying to constantly portray some BS - I couldnt care less if it got locked, probably for the better good actually so it goes down not talked about.

The bottom line is that countless posters agree with Faire Jour.. including the deaf of the deafest. There is no place for some best buy worker to claim his place in this place, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back