Injecting steroids in the ear???

I don't think she's looking for treatment. I think she wants to leave well enough alone and slowly go deaf.

What I meant is something that allows a minor to refuse treatment.

I don't think she's looking for treatment. I think she wants to leave well enough alone and slowly go deaf.

Yup. I've given it a lot of long and careful thought over the past six months, and this is what I want to do.

Have you gone to an audi and talked about trying ha's? I just got my ha last week and so far i love it, I'm hearing sounds i haven't heard in quiet awhile plus its been helping me to not notice my tinnitus which is severe, so if u can i'd try and ask for an ha trial and see if that helps..I wouldntdo the steroid thing just cuz i wouldn't want to be apart of the whole trial and error process since it hasn't been done that much.

Have you gone to an audi and talked about trying ha's? I just got my ha last week and so far i love it, I'm hearing sounds i haven't heard in quiet awhile plus its been helping me to not notice my tinnitus which is severe, so if u can i'd try and ask for an ha trial and see if that helps..I wouldntdo the steroid thing just cuz i wouldn't want to be apart of the whole trial and error process since it hasn't been done that much.

My ENT is an idiot. He's not even offering them to me as an option. He wants me to either shoot my ear up with steroids or suck it up and deal. :mad:

My ENT is an idiot. He's not even offering them to me as an option. He wants me to either shoot my ear up with steroids or suck it up and deal. :mad:

Tell him you want a referal to an audi, and if he refuses to provide it, tell him you will be contacting your area's medical peer review to file a complaint over his refusal. Once you have seen the audi, they can refer you to another ENT that is more helpful.

He has his own audi that he pays to do whatever he tells her. But I'm not to the point where I need HA's yet. That's another bump in the road I'll take care of when I get there. :)

I was in an similar situation with my first ent/audi they were like well you hae a problem and you just have to deal with it and don't consume too much caffeine and try to get a good sleep!...YA u try getting w good sleep with severe tinnitus jack ass...thats wat i wanted to say..lol So I got another referral to another audi and ent and he is great!!!Dont put up with that crap get another opinion and if he isn't willing to help do then threaten to report him, don't settle for deal with it...trust me in 9 times out of 10 it doesnt work to just "deal with it"...

My mom was also really hesitant b4 and was trying to tell me that it wasn't that big of a deal (my hearing loss) and now she knows that my ha is helping and that she was wrong..Even get some of your friends or just you to talk to ur parents and say you need to take a diff approach to the tinnitus+hearing loss...maskers such as noise machines that make soothing sounds like rain forest and waves etc are really good for at nite..and for school u cud get an FM system that the school shud provide for u and try and get an HA trial..it's deff worth it to try it out

Well, I just want to give you guys an update. I just talked with my mom about not wanting this procedure done. She saw how upset I was and listened to all my points, and she said she'll consider cancelling the appointment. I'm still working on looking into my legal rights, but hopefully it won't come to that.

<33

Well, I just want to give you guys an update. I just talked with my mom about not wanting this procedure done. She saw how upset I was and listened to all my points, and she said she'll consider cancelling the appointment. I'm still working on looking into my legal rights, but hopefully it won't come to that.

<33

We're pulling for you!

So today the ENT finally figured out that I was loosing my hearing (which I've known for an obscenely long time). I have tinnitus that has been getting progressively worse over the past two years, and along with it my hearing is deteriorating. My left ear is significantly worse than my right in terms of how much I hear, so the ENT wants to inject steroids... into my ear. WTF. It just sounds so horribly unnatural. My ENT claims it will stop the hearing loss, but he just sounded like a loon when he was telling me this. :giggle: Does anyone know anything about injecting steroids into the inner ear and what it does?

Thanks,
m-m

Are you born in hearing at first place? When your hearing goes down?

I was born completely hearing. I got tinnitus and starting loosing my hearing at 13 (I'm now almost 16).

Was that hard for u to adjust to the change? Just curious cuz I was born profoundly deaf in both ears so I dont know what it is like to be hearing. I can only imagine how hard it must for people who have been hearing all their lives and to lose their hearing in such a short time.

Was that hard for u to adjust to the change? Just curious cuz I was born profoundly deaf in both ears so I dont know what it is like to be hearing. I can only imagine how hard it must for people who have been hearing all their lives and to lose their hearing in such a short time.

Yeah, it was really difficult, but I'm fine with it now. It was really hard for a while because my family didn't support me. But I haven't lost my hearing completely yet, so it's fine.

Back