Info on STEM CELLS from scientific source

those stained hair cells are quite small! :shock:

hello, I'm trying to understand the meaning of the phrase. I'm Spanish, and therefore have difficulty with English. I read it but sometimes do not understand the meaning of the phrase. My question is if you are experimenting with humans or is in the pipeline. If you are in preclinical stage would not be talking to candidates for human ... See if someone explained the meaning of the phrase: "GenVec is currently in lead selection for the human candidate for adenovirally delivered AtOH1"
thanks!

Preclinical means that the research is still in the discovery phase, and has not been advanced to the point that it is ready to be used on humans.

Preclinical means that the research is still in the discovery phase, and has not been advanced to the point that it is ready to be used on humans.

yes, I know what it is preclinical. I remember in psychology courses. But I think it mentions that you have passed the preclinical stage when human candidates mentioned. That is the question. Animals have yielded results, replicated in other laboratories (for scientific discourse is replication). The scientific method which, incidentally, positivism, or science was much discussed since the seventies (constructivism, postmodernism) by the impossibility of separating the researcher's object of the subject, but I want to discuss what is science or not. The question suggests you're looking for humans is that candidates and would back the preclinical stage. But it's a big if, I hope more info ... and I guess the days as it moves further information would emerge ...

yes, I know what it is preclinical. I remember in psychology courses. But I think it mentions that you have passed the preclinical stage when human candidates mentioned. That is the question. Animals have yielded results, replicated in other laboratories (for scientific discourse is replication). The scientific method which, incidentally, positivism, or science was much discussed since the seventies (constructivism, postmodernism) by the impossibility of separating the researcher's object of the subject, but I want to discuss what is science or not. The question suggests you're looking for humans is that candidates and would back the preclinical stage. But it's a big if, I hope more info ... and I guess the days as it moves further information would emerge ...

No, unless the research actually includes the use of human subjects, it is still considered to be preclinical.

What I said mean that if researchers are talking more and more about proof of concept to application means that the possibility of restoring hearing loss must be getting closer. Instead of 20 years down the road perhaps they feel confident it'll happen much sooner than that.

As for "Genvec is currently in lead selection for the human candidate for adenovirally delivered Atoh1," I would suspect that they're getting ready at the human clinical trial level since this involves turning on ear sensory hair cells growth ("a genetic on switch") and allow it to "self-regenerate" new hair cells over damaged or missing ones and nothing about use of stem cells which would require more testing and research. Yet the Atoh1 is the most promising near term solution.

By the way, have you seen this one?
http://www.rnid.org.uk/VirtualContent/84925/Full_Nature_ad.pdf

thanks for the information!:wave:

Are you asking me if I believe that human trials are necessary? I'm not sure I understand your question.

I wonder if you think there will be human trials.
Also if you think there may be human trials. Please answer the other question which you plant: Do you agree with atoh1 human trials?
if you want to answer, of course, is free to answer

"Most recently, generation of new and functional auditory hair cells in the guinea pig cochlea was demonstrated using math1 delivered by an adenovector. Transvection of atoh1 in several model systems has been shown to be capable of generating hair cells, suggesting that atonal is a good candidate for further therpeutic development of inner ear disorders where re-establishment of sensory cells can elicit a clinical benefit. Examination of auditory hair cells that result from atonal therapy in vivo have identified some abnormal morpologic features, with cells having the characteristics of outer hair cells and supporting cells. This may suggest that genes that are active earlier in the devlopment of the sensory neuroepithelium function may be useful for restoring the inner ear. Manipulation of cell cycle control has also been demonstrated to result in restoration of auditory hair cells. Inhibition of hes1 and hes5 has also been demonstrated to generate supernumerary hair cells. Manipulation of several different development pathways can therefore be used to induce hair cell production. A therapeutic approach that allows the transformation of supporting cells into hair cells may be one effective way of restoring vestibular function."

Gene Therapy of Cochlear Deafness ... - Google Books

Getting closer that's for sure. That information was summarized in a book this year called "Gene Therapy of Cochlear Deafness: Present Concepts and Future Aspects" by A. F. Ryan.

Be sure to scroll down for more reports by others.

Gene Therapy for the Inner Ear: Challenges and Promises..............................................................................................16
Gene Therapy in the Inner Ear Using Adenovirus Vectors................................................................................................17
Gene Therapy and Stem Cell Transplantation: Strategies for Hearing Restoration. .......................................................17
Adenoviral and AAV-Mediated Gene Transfer to the Inner Ear: Role of Serotype, Promoter, and Viral
Load on In Vivo and In Vitro Infection Efficiencies. ............................................................................................................18
Cellular Targeting for Cochlear Gene Therapy...................................................................................................................18

source: http://www.clinigene.eu/pdf_e/190.pdf

preclinical or clinical?

Key phrase: preclinical.

preclinical or clinical??

"GenVec Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in developing novel gene-based therapeutic drugs and vaccines. The company’s product candidates TNFerade intended for the treatment of pancreatic cancer, AdPEDF for the treatment of macular degeneration and TherAtoh for hearing & balance loss are in clinical stages and utilize a common patent-protected technology platform".
source: PRMinds - GenVec, Inc. - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile

preclinical or clinical??

"GenVec Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in developing novel gene-based therapeutic drugs and vaccines. The company’s product candidates TNFerade intended for the treatment of pancreatic cancer, AdPEDF for the treatment of macular degeneration and TherAtoh for hearing & balance loss are in clinical stages and utilize a common patent-protected technology platform".
source: PRMinds - GenVec, Inc. - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
as stated prior: preclinical.

The program is positioned to be quickly advanced into the clinic

"Positive Results For Hearing Loss & Balance Disorders. The underlying adenovector delivery technology has been proven safe in thousands of patients across a range of diseases and proof of concept of TherAtoh has been established in multiple preclinical models. The program is positioned to be quickly advanced into the clinic".
source: AllPennyStocks.com Company Spotlight - GenVec Inc. (Nasdaq:GNVC)

"Positive Results For Hearing Loss & Balance Disorders. The underlying adenovector delivery technology has been proven safe in thousands of patients across a range of diseases and proof of concept of TherAtoh has been established in multiple preclinical models. The program is positioned to be quickly advanced into the clinic".
source: AllPennyStocks.com Company Spotlight - GenVec Inc. (Nasdaq:GNVC)

Key phrase:" is to be". That means in the future; hasn't happened yet.

Key phrase:" is to be". That means in the future; hasn't happened yet.

no, the keyword is that rapid progress towards the clinic. In another message says that the program had been paralyzed, but due to subsidies will forward the program. Good Notica is currently seeking candidates human: "GenVec is currently in lead selection for the human candidate"

have to be optimistic. Is another option, genetics. We also have stem cells for example in China. We expect more cases treated, I hope. Beike is treating people with hearing loss ...

no, the keyword is that rapid progress towards the clinic. In another message says that the program had been paralyzed, but due to subsidies will forward the program. Good Notica is currently seeking candidates human: "GenVec is currently in lead selection for the human candidate"

have to be optimistic. Is another option, genetics. We also have stem cells for example in China. We expect more cases treated, I hope. Beike is treating people with hearing loss ...

Perhaps it is because English is not your native language, but the phrase "to be" definitely refers to something that has not yet occurred, and may occur in the future.

Back