Info on STEM CELLS from scientific source

This is not entirely correct. Sensorineural hearing losses are an ensemble of mulfunctions, involving the sensory structure (hairy cells for the most part, all the structure of the cochlea more generally) and/or the neural transmission of the signal to the brain. Actually the acoustic nerve transports the acoustic stimulation kept by the cochlear structures to the brain, it is not an actual part of the brain.
For the rest I agree, damage of the nerve is not so rare.

I did not state that the 8th cranial nerve was a part of the brain. It actually transmits stimuli to the brain stem, which in turn, relays that stimuli to the auditory cortex where, in individuals with normal auditory and neurological function, the stimuli is interpreted into a meaningful message. And there are cases of sensorineural losses in which damage to the 8th cranial nerve is the only pathology involved.

The bolded is a scientifically innacurrate statement.

"Scientist and Medical researchers believe that stem cell treatments have the potential to cure any known human diseases. This type of cell therapy introduces new cells into the damaged tissue to treat a disease or injury. Because stem cells are the master cells of the human body, they can produce copies of themselves and many other types of cells. This ability for stem cells to self-renew or regenerate offers a large potential to replace diseased and damaged human tissues in the body without the risk of rejection.

Stem cell treatment is considered to be the revolution of cellular medicine in the 21st century. Thousands of patients around the globe have already benefitted from using stem cell delivered safely by skilled and certified physicians. Diseases once considered incurable are responding well to stem cell treatment and are restoring hope to patients who thought they had lost their lives forever.

Some of the diseases that can be treated using stem cell treatment include brain damage, cancer, spinal cord injury, heart damage, haematopoiesis (blood cell formation), diabetes, orthopedics, deafness, blindness or vision impairment, neural and behavioral birth defects, Crohn?s disease and many more".
source: Stem Cell Treatment; the 21st Century Medical Breakthrough

Qingdao Chengyang People's Hospital Stem Cell Treatment and Rehabilitation Center

"Qingdao Chengyang People's Hospital Stem Cell Treatment and Rehabilitation Center to successfully treat patients with sensorineural hearing loss you can telephone consultation about 0532:80653989"
source: Google Traductor

"Scientist and Medical researchers believe that stem cell treatments have the potential to cure any known human diseases. This type of cell therapy introduces new cells into the damaged tissue to treat a disease or injury. Because stem cells are the master cells of the human body, they can produce copies of themselves and many other types of cells. This ability for stem cells to self-renew or regenerate offers a large potential to replace diseased and damaged human tissues in the body without the risk of rejection.

Stem cell treatment is considered to be the revolution of cellular medicine in the 21st century. Thousands of patients around the globe have already benefitted from using stem cell delivered safely by skilled and certified physicians. Diseases once considered incurable are responding well to stem cell treatment and are restoring hope to patients who thought they had lost their lives forever.

Some of the diseases that can be treated using stem cell treatment include brain damage, cancer, spinal cord injury, heart damage, haematopoiesis (blood cell formation), diabetes, orthopedics, deafness, blindness or vision impairment, neural and behavioral birth defects, Crohn?s disease and many more".
source: Stem Cell Treatment; the 21st Century Medical Breakthrough

Key words: "have the potential." You seem to consistently read this as "can right now."

Web,

If you do a search for Beike biotechnology go to the web site and then click on contact us. You can ask questions in the comment section. You don't have to fill out all of the information that comes before the comment section.

Nah, I am not interested to go to China period. It is well-known for hidden information that we haven't heard about. I am not making off the subject. Please understand that our drug industrials and FDA say bad things about China or other countries which is not true. Some of your resources (ADers) that showed us the links are very good. If we keep going and going to find more researches, then they are wasting our time because they have not proven yet even it is not final ones. I don't care about the FDA's policy because it wastes a lot of our time.

Can you imagine that it cost millions of dollars for the labs to do the research annually? How much it would cost one lab employee to do on the research and how many groups are in the lab? How much the equipment costs? All things in the lab work that does not tell us the exact price. I would say that 80 percent of money that goes to the political and private owners of the labs. Twenty percent of the money goes into the lab budget which is not probably enough fund. The documents that we read have a lot of details from the links, but they did not mention about the budget problem.
Another issue is the patents for variety cures that would take many years for the approvals which is so ridiculous. I found about it from PBS a few years ago.

This is important that you should know: A perfect example of Jerry Lewis who helped to run his highest dirtiest charity business for years. In fact, Jerry has been keeping 85 percent of the charity money in his pocket legally. Many groups from their charity finally aware of this problem, and I am really happy that they are finally paying attention of what was happening with their money that was supposed to help people for many different cures.

The Salvation Army is well-known for honest in the business to help many poor people and especially labs for the cures.

Off the subject: Excuse me, who is really neuro? Does ref74 works at a medical lab?

Nah, I am not interested to go to China period. It is well-known for hidden information that we haven't heard about. I am not making off the subject. Please understand that our drug industrials and FDA say bad things about China or other countries which is not true. Some of your resources (ADers) that showed us the links are very good. If we keep going and going to find more researches, then they are wasting our time because they have not proven yet even it is not final ones. I don't care about the FDA's policy because it wastes a lot of our time.

Can you imagine that it cost millions of dollars for the labs to do the research annually? How much it would cost one lab employee to do on the research and how many groups are in the lab? How much the equipment costs? All things in the lab work that does not tell us the exact price. I would say that 80 percent of money that goes to the political and private owners of the labs. Twenty percent of the money goes into the lab budget which is not probably enough fund. The documents that we read have a lot of details from the links, but they did not mention about the budget problem.
Another issue is the patents for variety cures that would take many years for the approvals which is so ridiculous. I found about it from PBS a few years ago.

This is important that you should know: A perfect example of Jerry Lewis who helped to run his highest dirtiest charity business for years. In fact, Jerry has been keeping 85 percent of the charity money in his pocket legally. Many groups from their charity finally aware of this problem, and I am really happy that they are finally paying attention of what was happening with their money that was supposed to help people for many different cures.

The Salvation Army is well-known for honest in the business to help many poor people and especially labs for the cures.

Off the subject: Excuse me, who is really neuro? Does ref74 works at a medical lab?

hello, who am I, a person with hearing problems, who has hearing aids, and are interested in new developments, knowledge, improved or cured with stem cells, etc.
I have no link with laboratories, companies, businesses. Do you?

Mass Eye and Ear they regrew cochlea cilia using stem cells in mice??

Mass Eye and Ear they regrew cochlea cilia using stem cells in mice??
"The good news for everyone is at Mass Eye and Ear they regrew cochlea cilia using stem cells in mice. It works too I hear.
Be years before it can be done on a human but it's actually been a couple years since they regrew the hairs in the mice. So it will happen".
source: Damaged hearing - Gearslutz.com

10-week old deaf infant underwent a Stem Cell procedure???

10-week old deaf infant underwent a Stem Cell procedure??? :hmm:
"It has been recorded in the United Kingdom (UK) that a 10-week old deaf infant underwent a Stem Cell procedure. Word is that the infant became able to hear. I misplaced documentation on this case but hope to locate it in the near future. One consideration: cost is really so low".
SOURCE: Aguabo / FDA: CI Stats – Dropout rates? Netripized’s rambling thoughts…

10-week old deaf infant underwent a Stem Cell procedure??? :hmm:
"It has been recorded in the United Kingdom (UK) that a 10-week old deaf infant underwent a Stem Cell procedure. Word is that the infant became able to hear. I misplaced documentation on this case but hope to locate it in the near future. One consideration: cost is really so low".
SOURCE: Aguabo / FDA: CI Stats – Dropout rates? Netripized’s rambling thoughts…

Get back to us when you have scientific documentation.

Atoh1

Patent title: COMPOUNDS THAT ENHANCE ATOH1 EXPRESSION
Inventors: Lixin Qiao Albert Edge Gregory D. Cuny Sang-Jun Jeon
Kathleen Seyb Marcie Glicksman
Agents: FISH & RICHARDSON PC
Assignees: Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary
Origin: MINNEAPOLIS, MN US

see COMPOUNDS THAT ENHANCE ATOH1 EXPRESSION - Patent - This invention generally provides compounds pharmaceutical compositions and methods for their use

source: COMPOUNDS THAT ENHANCE ATOH1 EXPRESSION - alt.support.hearing-loss | Grupos de Google

Coalition for Regenerative Stem Cell Medicine (CRSCM)

Coalition for Regenerative Stem Cell Medicine (CRSCM)

"Human clinical studies involving the use of one's own cord blood stem cells are currently under way to explore treatment for diabetes, brain damage, spinal cord injuries, hearing loss and other regenerative applications".

source: Coalition for Regenerative Stem Cell Medicine (CRSCM) - JOIN OUR CAUSE

Can you or anyone else try to get more audiograms(before and after) of any patient who got stem cells? By now, at least two dozen have gotten stem cells. We would like more results/evidence! Someone emailed a stem cell clinic in China that treated 4 patients and 3 of them improved an average of 20db and one got more than 30db improvement. That guy got so much improvement he could hear some sounds/speech unaided! I wonder how much of a loss he started with and what his final loss is now. Im guessing he was severely deaf(about 80db loss) and improved down to 40db loss which would give you 50% speech understanding unaided and aid you down to 0-10db easily.

Id also be interested if those stem cell centers in China and elsewhere believe stem cell technology will become more powerful for hearing loss in the near future(1, 2, 3 years) or if todays results are the best one can expect for a very long time(at least 10 years) I am not going to wait 10 years if todays results are as good as it gets for at least 10 years. Ill just go ahead with Phi4sius in the summer of 2010, take our 20db average improvement and be able to hear alot better with HAs. Then in 2020 or so, simply get more stem cells or some other more advanced procedure that can further improve hearing.

I want to know if they believe stem cells can be giving much more improvement in the near future(1, 2, 3 years) or will it be exactly the same as today's stem cells? I don't want to wait if I don't have to. I will only wait if results are expected to be much better in the near future. Otherwise ill just get my 20db average improvement which will make do for 10+ years till they find a better or different way to get me the rest of the way in improvement so I can hear well enough to rarely or never need HAs(40db or better unaided hearing)

Can you or anyone else try to get more audiograms(before and after) of any patient who got stem cells? By now, at least two dozen have gotten stem cells. We would like more results/evidence! Someone emailed a stem cell clinic in China that treated 4 patients and 3 of them improved an average of 20db and one got more than 30db improvement. That guy got so much improvement he could hear some sounds/speech unaided! I wonder how much of a loss he started with and what his final loss is now. Im guessing he was severely deaf(about 80db loss) and improved down to 40db loss which would give you 50% speech understanding unaided and aid you down to 0-10db easily.

Id also be interested if those stem cell centers in China and elsewhere believe stem cell technology will become more powerful for hearing loss in the near future(1, 2, 3 years) or if todays results are the best one can expect for a very long time(at least 10 years) I am not going to wait 10 years if todays results are as good as it gets for at least 10 years. Ill just go ahead with Phi4sius in the summer of 2010, take our 20db average improvement and be able to hear alot better with HAs. Then in 2020 or so, simply get more stem cells or some other more advanced procedure that can further improve hearing.

I want to know if they believe stem cells can be giving much more improvement in the near future(1, 2, 3 years) or will it be exactly the same as today's stem cells? I don't want to wait if I don't have to. I will only wait if results are expected to be much better in the near future. Otherwise ill just get my 20db average improvement which will make do for 10+ years till they find a better or different way to get me the rest of the way in improvement so I can hear well enough to rarely or never need HAs(40db or better unaided hearing)

hi,
I agree with you, deafdude.
I think we are doing our best, seeking information. However, it also depends on them, for example Beike among others, to provide us information. The more information the better, for there would be more interested. But I think though
results, as they say positive, I think they're being cautious, perhaps because they are very experimental stage. China also has strong control, I read that should be controlling stem cell clinics, but for example Beike inspires more confidence because it is the leader in stem cells, and there are scientific or Western universities involved with this.
I think we look more and more information sharing, we hope to provide more information as well. We should be optimistic but also caution. You may also find commercial pressures that try to boycott the advancement of stem cells, I think.
For my part I will be very interested and involved in as far as possible to make it increasingly possible. ;)

GWUMC Events: "Directed Differentiation of Embryonic Stem Cells into Cochlear ..."

GWUMC Events: "Directed Differentiation of Embryonic Stem Cells into Cochlear Ganglion Precursors for Transplantation as a Treatment of Deafness"

"GWUMC Events
Events
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Month View | Week View | Day View
"Directed Differentiation of Embryonic Stem Cells into Cochlear
Ganglion Precursors for Transplantation as a Treatment of Deafness"
department: Medical Center Communications and Marketing
when: Thursday, 10/01/2009 (Noon - 1:00 PM)
where: Ross Hall: 401 Physio Conf Rm
who / speaker(s): Chunyu (Hunter) Cai & Kent Morest
details:

ANAT 221: Special Topics in Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative
Medicine & The department of Anatomy and Regenerative Biology Present:

Chunyu (Hunter) Cai & Kent Morest

"Directed Differentiation of Embryonic Stem Cells into Cochlear
Ganglion Precursors for Transplantation as a Treatment of Deafness"

Thursday, October 1st, 2009

ROSS HALL 401
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 pm
open to public: No"