INANE>> Deaf owners!

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last week, I had chatted with friends.. I was so unbelievable that my friends were not happy with deaf owners of landscape and handyman.

Two of deaf owners were discussed and got an idea that Deaf owners told deaf employees that cannot pay them when they re loading the lawnmower machines to trailer until arrive at the house and starting the mower with pinch (sp) the time to start working!:shock:

Furthermore, Another deaf owner said when a person comes and starts with hammer and nail then start pay!
I told them. It is not right.. They must get pay when arrive at the workplace!

My friend advice them to contact Labor work?! :ugh2:

I think that deaf owners are lack of intelligence!! :ugh:

What are you think of this?? Allowable??

Some people are just pricks that way. I had one hearing person that would time from the moment I start writing until I put down the pencil, then time me again when I pick it up. Of course, this picky nature would make it seem like I am half as productive than what I am really to the people that looked at my work hours.

Contact the labour board, that is wrong.

Greedy and stingy!.....but with today's economy....if the workers don't like it....they can either get fired or quit....and someone else would fill that job in a minute!

Dunno if the Labor Board will do anything....are they on a time clock?....Seems not....and depends on how many workers there are.....

If the job comes with hourly pay, start from 8:00AM - 4:00PM ($8.00/hr x 8 hours= $64 before tax) meaning the worker start pay from 8:00 til 4:00PM no matter what, except boss provide employers his expectations for the day, such as finish 10 acres of lawn mowing in half day.

If the job comes with day pay, start from 8:00AM until depends on the job, how fast are they finished with ($100/day)and the employer start getting paid at end of day/week or bi-weekly as in total.

If boss tell employers that they start get paid by start mowing the lawn in the yard, employers HAVE THE RIGHT to not bring lawn mowing machines, they can show up at the work place, have his BOSS bring the lawn mowing. :lol:

Bottom line is that the boss is trying to save his money, since we are in recession, boss use advantage of that, not very considerate boss.

Ok... flip side! I was a Retail store manager for years. I would have employee's come to work, go in the break room, clock in for their shifts. Then they would get a drink of water, chat with other co-workers..go to the bathroom...etc. Bottom line, they would waist ten or more minutes on the clock, not WORKING! We were not paying them to stand and chat, or go use the restroom. Do it BEFORE you clock on, or during breaks.

Now, I employ my son to clean stalls at the barn. I do not pay him by the hour. If I were to pay him by the hour, he would go slow. Instead, I pay him by the stall. Get the stalls done quickly, you make more money per hour.

I can see how landscapers would not want to pay for time between the jobs, however, and good business owner or manager would schedule jobs for any given day in the same area. Good planning = good use of time. Good use of time= less money lost on inbetween sites. It would not be cost effective to pay someone to mow a lawn on one side of town, then have them cross town to mow another lawn. Though, they should word it differently.. You get paid by the yard, not by the hour. More yards done = more money. Same as with stalls!

Ok... flip side! I was a Retail store manager for years. I would have employee's come to work, go in the break room, clock in for their shifts. Then they would get a drink of water, chat with other co-workers..go to the bathroom...etc. Bottom line, they would waist ten or more minutes on the clock, not WORKING! We were not paying them to stand and chat, or go use the restroom. Do it BEFORE you clock on, or during breaks.

Now, I employ my son to clean stalls at the barn. I do not pay him by the hour. If I were to pay him by the hour, he would go slow. Instead, I pay him by the stall. Get the stalls done quickly, you make more money per hour.

I can see how landscapers would not want to pay for time between the jobs, however, and good business owner or manager would schedule jobs for any given day in the same area. Good planning = good use of time. Good use of time= less money lost on inbetween sites. It would not be cost effective to pay someone to mow a lawn on one side of town, then have them cross town to mow another lawn. Though, they should word it differently.. You get paid by the yard, not by the hour. More yards done = more money. Same as with stalls!

well said!

What Brayden's mom said.

But at one of my former employers, we could clock in before our start time so that they could count that you were there and on time, but you didn't get paid until 5:30 am, and you got paid right up until you clocked out and we were told to clock out BEFORE sitting around and chatting with our buddies after work.

Sometimes they are called business contract. Most contracts get paid first to do the job, not by hours but by contract. Let's say I was a constructor and you have a customer and agreed to your terms that you would finish it in say one week building a small quest house for $1,000 rather than paying by hours which will probably cost twice the price and it's not even finished.

I understand .. but Owner won't to pay employers when they are loading the lawn mowers, machines, and others to trailer?? Not fair! :shrug:

Back