In love and life

ember

Reaction score
I have read many of the post here and I have a question, are we really interested in finding love and being loved or do we want to find someone we want and then we spend years trying to mold them into what "we" want them to be?

I have read many of the post here and I have a question, are we really interested in finding love and being loved or do we want to find someone we want and then we spend years trying to mold them into what "we" want them to be?

That is the reason I'm still single. Looking for love. ;) But when fun comes along, i take it.

Fun is not love and there is nothing wrong with fun along the way, just as long as you aren't leading someone else along and hurting people. But thats not what I am talking about :D

Fun is not love and there is nothing wrong with fun along the way, just as long as you aren't leading someone else along and hurting people. But thats not what I am talking about :D

Yup, everyone is in the clear.

Like I said, will wait. I have been in two lonnnnnnggggg relationships 5years+. I take it seriously.

moulding someone takes too much effort and may not yield ideal results.

go for what comes naturally. it's a lot more fun

I didn't say what my approach on love was just saying what I observe

Trying to mold someone into what you want them to be could take a lifetime... Finding that person who you wouldn't change a thing about is worth spending a lifetime with :) (still looking, but I have faith that that person is out there)

Trying to mold someone into what you want them to be could take a lifetime... Finding that person who you wouldn't change a thing about is worth spending a lifetime with :) (still looking, but I have faith that that person is out there)

hmmmmm interesting

Yes, it is part of the human condition to not want to be alone. Well, I like to be alone...in fact, spend the majority of my time alone. I don't answer my phone or my door and if it weren't for food, I would probably not leave my house for weeks at a time. However, I do like to keep a love interest in my life, for obvious reasons. It just has to be someone who nurtures and respects my hermit-ism. I obviously would not do well with someone who needs their hand held 24/7.

As for molding people into what you want, that is a huge problem, but one that many people outgrow, usually they learn by trying it for years and realizing that it never works - and if you do find some doormat who allows you to do that to them, you wake up one day and think "What am I doing with this spineless wimp?" You realize you have no respect for them and you dump them.

th187e6a3b.jpg

Back