I'm starting to hate deaf people....I am hard of hearing

Were the people who were being kinda exclusive older? I think you may have your answer there. Some older Deafies can be very exclusive....however the younger generation can be more openminded.

OP she right correct,

http://www.alldeaf.com/2167925-post14.html

you don't need to posts, :0 guy is stratification possible!

This thing with DEAF ignoring someone not skilled with asl is what I went through as well. They expect hearing people to accept their deafness and all that but someone not exactly like them gets marginalized. Audist/racist, just plain old haters. I generally stick with hearing people and hearing people who can sign since they are more considerate.

Were the people who were being kinda exclusive older? I think you may have your answer there. Some older Deafies can be very exclusive....however the younger generation can be more openminded.

Interesting. I think there are more militants my own age as opposed to the older or younger generations. I'm middle aged (36).

Sorry hear your experience, and I MIGHT be guilty one. I think it has to do with the sense itself. To be honest, majority of Deaf people felt left out by Hearing people in their childhood, and I think it builds their resentment against those who refused learn ASL, and is afraid that once meet and bye, whats point of trying to be friendly with them?

I am not pointing at who is at fault. Because, I can understand why Hearing people don't understand about Deafness and confused to begin with. After what I have heard, seen, thoughts and trying to understand this, and this ACTUALLY got me getting curious on what I am missing out from Hearing world, whats so special about sounds, what is it really? I am tone DEAF and never understand single wave of sound, and I believe there are plenty waves of sounds and they all are not the same to hearing people but to me, it is all same.

I believe it will take several decades before Hearing people finally figured out, and it may be just as simple as "Difference in types of the senses".

Anyway, its sad fact that majority of Deaf people have been left out by hearing people too often to the point its easy for Deaf to stereotyping another who is either losing their hearing or try to learn sign language from them.

My little word of advice to you, read under my signature of one of known child with autism, his quote (That is J-MAC) and I believe he is right on this one. If you still don't know who is J-MAC, google "J-MAC" and it will explain you everything. So, don't give up.

Last edited:
The truth is: There is really no reason to think Deaf people would be any different than hearing people.

So I have been recently socializing with the deaf. They treat me really bad because I am hard of hearing.

Yeah, they all are like that. Nice deaf people don't exist. We are all out to treat the HOH like crap.

Seriously....if they treated you like crap....move on to the next group.

I had to humbly disagree with you

"All" is myth, there are few nice Deafies out there, but sadly most aren't.

Yeah, they all are like that. Nice deaf people don't exist. We are all out to treat the HOH like crap.

Seriously....if they treated you like crap....move on to the next group.

Mostly are friendly one on one. Groups can be a different story

Like everyone mentuoned. Move on the new group. some Deaf people have no time for the new learning ASL or Some deaf people are rude or some deaf people have their plans to meet their friends.
I for one who always meet new learning people all the time. I did have a few mintues of time to chat with them then i zoom to my own friends who i know for years. This is the only time i have for my old friends. I think any learning asl people need to be patience and have good sports in a positive vibes that would make any differences.

Any hoh or oral deaf peeps tend to hang out together first once they all feel comfortable with asl then chat with pure asl users with no problem. :dunno2:

Does belonging to AllDeaf.com give one "insight" into the "world of the DEAF" within a local group?

Is the reality of DEAFness the ONLY intersecting point of "mutual interest"?
Thus when one interacts in real life with local Deaf groups/"voice off"?- does the degree of skill in using ASL et al become the "predominate factor" in the "acceptance of the members of the local group?

Is this an advantage of computer groups ?

Sometimes;technology seems to be an advantage in contrast to say "100 years ago"?

Does belonging to AllDeaf.com give one "insight" into the "world of the DEAF" within a local group?

Is the reality of DEAFness the ONLY intersecting point of "mutual interest"?
Thus when one interacts in real life with local Deaf groups/"voice off"?- does the degree of skill in using ASL et al become the "predominate factor" in the "acceptance of the members of the local group?

Is this an advantage of computer groups ?

Sometimes;technology seems to be an advantage in contrast to say "100 years ago"?

If communication is the goal then yes, I think alldeaf serves that goal well.

Mutual interest should be the deciding factor of group assimilation, but, as the OP points out, it seems to be more about communication which you state in paragraph two.

Deaf are very critical of ASL while hearing people are very critical of auditory languages. I see no difference here.

The solution is to become proficient in both types of languages(or whichever group you want to stick with).

The solution is to become proficient in both types of languages(or whichever group you want to stick with).

I don't think it has to be either/or.

I'm befuddled by this whole thread. Where I live, in our (large!) deaf community, I don't see other Deafies bashing others, especially not for HA usage or signing skills. Not even close. I have many Deaf friends (in real life, not just online) and their signing skills all vary. I don't mind any which way they choose to communicate. To each his/her own.

Last edited:
Agree what alleycat said so.

it has to do something with attitude, personality, and common interest.

I don't think it has to be either/or.

I'm befuddled by this whole thread. Where I live, in our (large!) deaf community, I don't see other Deafies bashing others, especially not for HA usage or signing skills. Not even close. I have many Deaf friends (in real life, not just online) and their signing skills all vary. I don't mind any which way they choose to communicate. To each his/her own.

Where you are, people are generally very friendly (at least in my experience) so that may be a part of it. :dunno: Austin is a very friendly town but their DHH has a reputation for being extremely rude.....very militant. The Dallas DHH group is about half and half and the divide is pretty noticeable at event. That group has crumbled though. The Houston and San Francisco groups I have been to we're very nice and welcoming. The Los Angeles group sucked.

The problem is bad groups tend to give everyone a bad name.

Where you are, people are generally very friendly (at least in my experience) so that may be a part of it. :dunno: Austin is a very friendly town but their DHH has a reputation for being extremely rude.....very militant. The Dallas DHH group is about half and half and the divide is pretty noticeable at event. That group has crumbled though. The Houston and San Francisco groups I have been to we're very nice and welcoming. The Los Angeles group sucked.

The problem is bad groups tend to give everyone a bad name.

I know thousands of Austin folks. I would say probably out of those thousands... maybe three or four are militant with Jerome Cain moronically leading the way. I have no idea what you are referring to.

I guess I would have to ask on what you mean by rude?

Back