I'm New - to the site and to hearing loss

katiemerson

Reaction score
:wave: Hello everyone, I just found this site and thought it might be nice to get to know other people who maybe are sort of familiar with what I'm going through.

In addition to the super annoying tinnitus that is always ringing in my head/ears, I recently found out that I am losing some of my hearing. I have moderate loss in one ear and mild hearing loss in the other. The doctor thinks this is from some medications I've been on for a chronic pain condition I have.

I just had a basic hearing exam at my family doctor, and I'm not even sure what all of this means. I have a referral to an audiologist I think and I guess they will decide if I need like hearing aides or if anything can help. I wonder if maybe adjusting meds could help, but I'm not sure if they caused the damage if it is possible to undo the damage or not.

Anyway, I'm really new to all of this, the culture, hearing aides, and the world of audiologists and stuff. I just wanted to meet some people who could maybe help me out as I go through this process?

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm enjoying lurking right now sort of and just reading other topics to get an idea of the "rules" of the forum.

Back