I'm doing a little research....

Reaction score
I would like to know pro and con for a deaf parent(s) raising a hearing child. List many as you like. Even your experience with rasing hearing child. :) I'm deaf, but no children yet. Maybe someday, hopefully... :)

~Kiz

I (deaf) has no problem to rasing 2 hearing boys with my deaf hubby. We dont have to change everything because they are hearing. We stay what we are and use our own sign language to them since they were babies. Now they can sign as deaf. They understand everything when we sign without voice.
We understand each other with no complication.

Is it what you want to know?

Anything question?

You dont have to learn to speak or change anything because your children are hearing but stay what you are then your children will accept you. It would confuse your children if you change anything but stay the same what you are. Understand what I mean.

my deaf wife and me (deaf 2) r from hearing families and we r expecting our first baby in April. it is likely the baby would be hearing. anyway, my wife and i agreed to use our preference, ASL as primary language at home. we will use it to communicate with our baby even we can speak with our voice.

i agree with Liebling about being urself with ur language preference to communicate with ur spouse and children. like i was not myself when i was raised to speak with my voice with my parents.

Back