I'm ashamed of showing my disabilities (Glasses, Hearing Aids etc...)

Thank you all.

It's just I seem so weird to people and they don't want anything to do with me. :(

Do you like dogs or cats, you could help at shelter ,they always need help.
It would be a way to meet people that have something in common with you. I think very person has something weird about them. I dated a guy that freaked out if a broom touch his feet! I was sweeping the floor and the broom touch my boyfriend shoes and he was freaking that he would be going to jail now!!
I thought that was really weird !!

Friend of mine has Asperger, he eventually had girfriends and got married. It is definitly a challenge but it is not insurmountable.

Yeah, I too question the aspie diagnosis. Not that it really matters whether or not you have it. Hearing issues can impact social skills.

If glasses bother you, get contacts if you can. Glasses arent a big deal anyway.

It took me awhile to get comfortable with my hearing aids. Now I find it humorous when I catch people staring at them.

Hang in there. Maybe get some counseling to discuss your feelings and concerns.

I never had date for my high school prom or even home comings!! I hate myself for that. I still harp on myself for that. IT still hurts even though I have a wonderful girlfriend now.

That was back in 1993-1996. Facebook didn't exist back then. I wish it did or I would have had a better high school life.

You are lucky to have facebook. Please use it to your advantage.

WOW I can't believe how many people advice him on having him to grow his hair to cover his glasses.

First thing you need to do is as stated above by others great advice. As for glasses try to see if you can get away with contacts or find some nice looking glasses to make yourself look better to gain confidence and also help you wit your vision issue at the same time.

If you don't accept the way you are you are no way near of being able to gain confidence to accomplish your goals.

There is a girl for every single guy out there, you just haven't found the right one. Don't worry your time will come. How old are you by the way? Are you involve in any hobbies, sports, or something you enjoy doing in your free time?

I dated a couple of girls in high school but last time I dated someone was probably about 3 years ago. I am looking to change that soon lol. But since I don't have a girl friend I have dedicated my time to myself in many ways and I enjoy it but I am looking to go back to having a girl friend now lol

WOW I can't believe how many people advice him on having him to grow his hair to cover his glasses.

First thing you need to do is as stated above by others great advice. As for glasses try to see if you can get away with contacts or find some nice looking glasses to make yourself look better to gain confidence and also help you wit your vision issue at the same time.

If you don't accept the way you are you are no way near of being able to gain confidence to accomplish your goals.

There is a girl for every single guy out there, you just haven't found the right one. Don't worry your time will come. How old are you by the way? Are you involve in any hobbies, sports, or something you enjoy doing in your free time?

I dated a couple of girls in high school but last time I dated someone was probably about 3 years ago. I am looking to change that soon lol. But since I don't have a girl friend I have dedicated my time to myself in many ways and I enjoy it but I am looking to go back to having a girl friend now lol

You would have to wear your hair over your face to hide your glasses! You can grow your hair a little longer to cover up HA. I know the web site called wrongplantet has a dating section.

you're going to meet someone who wouldn't dream of changing a single thing about you. Some young women you meet may be shallow and not want to get to know you but those aren't the kind of people anyone wants to be around. And being shy or uncomfortable around someone your interested is normal. it's ok to be nervous everyone gets nervous. just start small and smile it will make you more approachable because girls get nervous too. and if your HAs help you then don't let what someone else thinks stop you from wearing them. Goodluck

oh and definitely get into groups or clubs for something you really enjoy. the best and fasted way to make friends sometimes is just by being happy, people want to be around happy people.

Last edited:
you can use glasses as a fashion statement, or at least I do. I'm rockin out very bright purple cateye glasses right now. But there are times I feel like wearing contacts so I have the disposables for backup.

I'm about to try the contacts that you can wear constantly for a month and even sleep with them in. I hear good things about them and I just found out that I can get them in my prescription.

If I can get contacts most people should be able to. I say most and should because I know there are people with worse eye sight than me but I'm at the lower range of sight and have been known to walk into walls without my glasses.

As for hearing aids. When I get mine (less than a week from now) I plan on rocking them out in bright colours as well. people will stare initially but it helps to weed out the people you don't want to know.

If they won't talk to you because of the hearing aids then chances are they don't have a very good personality to start with and you're better off without the person.

Now if you still feel like you have to hide your aids and glasses well, I know I ofen forget that my cousin has aids because she got them the same colour as her hair and she also wears contacts. Most people including family often don't realize when she is wearing them.

As for have Asperger's, I don't have that so my nowledge is limited in that area but I do have a few friends that have Asperger's and honestly they stick with me stronger through the worst of time than most of my so called "normal" friends. I try not to judge but honestly I judge them to be better because of their uniqueness.

you'll eventually find people who will take you at face value and enjoy you for it. It just might take a little longer because you don't have to go through as many jerks than some other people, most of the people who will befriend you will not care about anything but your personality.

I do have HFA. My father told me to find an hobby and learn everything about it. Know more than anyone else and you can get to know other people with that hobby, and they will want to know you and interact with you.

I find it to be true with things I am truly interested in like dogs, and I have much less trouble interacting with people when I am in my own comfort zone.

Back