I'm a rapper, hopefully nobody minds me posting my music here

Purlee

Reaction score
If you're gonna check out my music, the first song you should listen to is called "Put It Down" which is on my myspace:

MySpace - PurleeDef - 20 - Male - SAINT PETERSBURG, FLORIDA - myspace.com/purleedef

but here's a more personal song which involves talking about my disability but this song hasn't been finished yet. The verses are fine but the intro and chorus were recorded on a cheap webcam microphone with way too much autotune so I'd have to redo this in the studio. Only reason I don't suggest listening to this first is because due to the bad quality I don't want people to get a bad first impression :P

zSHARE - on the outside.mp3

Hey,

Firstly welcome to AD!

I listened to your tracks! They are really cool - I especially like the 2nd (unfinished) one, it seems much more personal. Have you listened to Signmark? Its a duo where the songs/ raps are written in sign and then translated to english and performed in sign and english!! Definately worth checking out!

How long have you been doing this for?

Hey,

Firstly welcome to AD!

I listened to your tracks! They are really cool - I especially like the 2nd (unfinished) one, it seems much more personal. Have you listened to Signmark? Its a duo where the songs/ raps are written in sign and then translated to english and performed in sign and english!! Definately worth checking out!

How long have you been doing this for?

Haven't heard of them but unfortunately I don't know ASL. I'm trying to find someone locally who might be able to teach me it but I just never bothered learning it up until now

I started out when I was about 12 in middle school. Originally I was writing a lot of poems for this girl I had a crush on and somehow that converted into me freestyling in a classroom for fun. I started doing it more and more until eventually it just became my passion

Haven't heard of them but unfortunately I don't know ASL. I'm trying to find someone locally who might be able to teach me it but I just never bothered learning it up until now

I started out when I was about 12 in middle school. Originally I was writing a lot of poems for this girl I had a crush on and somehow that converted into me freestyling in a classroom for fun. I started doing it more and more until eventually it just became my passion

take a class at a community college near you!

I'm sort of broke at the moment or else I would. I have an entire list of expenditures I need to get out of the way and I haven't even paid off my credit card yet

i see you're in st. petersburg, and that's close to tampa. i know that there is a fair amount of deaf people there and USF has an interpreting program.. too bad you're not 21+, i think they have a DPHH - deaf professional happy hour, it's an event every month for deaf people and signers to get together. the places for DPHH here in orlando tend to be 21+ only.

I'm near SPC which I know has some ASL classes but at the same time I'm not sure if I want to register to a college just to learn one course for sign language.

nothing wrong with signing up for one class. if you don't have money right now...which i dont....look at this site. they have lessons and such online for free. it's pretty good.

? ASL ? American Sign Language or ASLPro.com Home

also, you can pick up books/computer software/dvds at half priced books

tried to check out your song but the link told me something is wrong with the connection, just thought you should know.

Back