if you had to do a list which would be the best hearing aids?

Clau

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i need to upgrade my hearing aids, and i want your opinions.

The thing is, that i im from a developing country (Colombia) but im currently living in Australia. I prefer to buy the HA in Colombia because i trust my audiologist (I've been with her since i was a child) and i know she would advise me the best for my hearing, which would not happen in Sydney as i feel the audiologists here are only interested in how much money they would get from me.

But as a developing country, there may not be as much diversity of options available as in Sydney. People in Colombia may not be able to afford HA.

Could you tell me what are in your opinion the best HA manufacturers? but dont give me specific details of the model, because first i want to have an idea of the manufacturers, and then i would ask here about specific models. for example i have read here that most of you would not recommend an starkey HA, but the phonak ones seem to be good.

My audiologist recommended me a Widex and a Bernafon. What do you think about those HA?

I have a moderate to severe Hearing loss. I know that HA experience is very personal to every person, But i want to have an idea, as i feel lost with the diversity of manufacturers and the amount of features available.

Right now, im using a CIC widex real, they have four channels but not Tcoil, FM system etc, and actually, i have an intelectual concept of what (Tcoil, FM system) are, but i have never experienced it, So i dont know very well how to compare all the information about a device and im trusting in Audiologist to orientate me.

I cant say much about my current HA, they are kind of ok. But i know that BTE are better.

So, please share your thoughts!:wave:

everybody here will say Starkey, Oticon, Phonak, etc. there's no "best one"... only one that you feel works the best for you. you can just try out all brands if you want depending on your audiologist.

Well, I wear HA and mine are the Clear (Fusion) 440 Widex, I really love them. I had worn Starkey analogs which were fantastic but not terrific for digital. There really isn't a one size fits all so it's a matter of trying out different brands to see which works best for you. If you have a great audi, let her/him guide you. Stick to the well known name brands and you'll be fine.

Laura

love the Oticon, they have better quality than my 2nd pair (try wearing my 2nd hearing aid in your mom's car where the music is crap to you and you had to crank the radio's volume up LOL)
*still stuck between Chili, Safari SP, Sensei Pro or Naida Q (Phonak)*

Back