Votes: 6 19.4%
  • No, this is who I am

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • I would consider it, depending on cost/method

• Not sure

• Total voters
I voted no, but I wouldn't stop others to seek whatever treatment they would desire. I knew from an early age that I would lose all of my hearing so I had 40 some odd years to prepare. I have also been told within the last 3 years that my eyes are going, so like my hearing loss, I am slowly preparing myself so that it is not too much of a shock.

I still play the piano even though I can't hear. The fact the I learned to read music helps. I have a few good friends at church who I trust to let me know if I mess up. I was blessed by being exposed to a wide variety of music though all of my hearing years, so that I can think of a song or a type of music and in my mind the memories of the music and I can "hear" it again. I have been told that I sing totally on pitch while at church, which makes me feel a lot better.

I miss quite a few things, but what I have gained in return far outweighs what I miss. I feel blessed with how I am now and would not change it for anything.

Sure, I'd go for it. It'd be my right ear for a start since that's where I use my hearing aid in. The left one will have to be "trained" first if I were to consider doing my left side. But with the right one gained all of it's ear hair cells and functionality to receive the full spectrum of sound would I enjoy music even more, especially my piano which I still hear great with it's full keyboard length of sound worth from every plink to a deep vibrato sound.

Back