I think I may have a ...

A Nilhilist,
Let's say he doesn't call me in the next few days. Should I call him?

I'm not a mind reader maybe he's just nervous or he's trying to let you down easy. A suggestion, does his phone do texting? In a few days try sending him a text, "Hey so when are we going to that Mets game so we can watch them get their butts kicked?" If you don't hear a reply then whatever, some other lucky guy is gonna get you.

I wouldn't recommend calling him because it will sound desperate and make for a really awkward situation if he doesn't want to go on a 2nd date with you. At least with a text message you avoid that mess.

A Nilhilist,
Let's say he doesn't call me in the next few days. Should I call him? He never gave me his phone number, but I have it on my cell from when he called me the first time. When we said goodnight, he said "I'll see you soon", but that's it. BUT earlier in the day he did mention going to a Mets game with me, so I'm thinking that means something. I know I'm thinking too far ahead, but I'm excited about this.

IMHO, if he called you- he doesnt need to give you his number. you have it. put it in your contacts. if he doesnt call within couple days - Id call or text him back and ask if the plan is still on to go to mets game. if he does respond - thats your cue to continue the meeting time or whatever arrangements you need to make. You just start the converstaion with I had a good time and would love to see you again.

with me being a guy - if I dont get back to a girl - its either because I am too busy or dont know the answer and its always nice the girl follows up as I can be nervous at times. Now with that being said - girls and boys are not mind readers. Either you enjoy each other company or you dont. you both just gotta take the first step to start the conversation. its a growing experience.

it goes both ways here - sometimes its the boy not knowing what to do but really likes you. same with girls .. Just remember - no matter what you do in life for the first time - always KISS. it means (Keep It Simple Stupid!!!)
good luck.:cool2:

I think after high school it's perfectly fine for a
Girl to take the reins and call the guy. Guys sometimes just don't know what we are thinking and are nervous or shy! If he doesn't text or call you can follow up with a text sayig hey I really had a great time the other night thanks for the night out and hope we do it again soon ;) or something just to reassure him you had a good time!

,get boundary sorted now mim.i did not do that and now i suck with every sport going and i hate sport

I like some sports, but you are right. I don't want him to start treating me like "one of the guys". :laugh2:

Hey Mimsy from the sounds of things; it seems like he may be real shy and if he's anything like me just trying to be a gentleman. Also it's pretty normal to not hear much for a couple days after a first date, but again don't put all your eggs in one basket. What I mean is, date around nothing wrong with that as long as your being ethical. Hope thats helpful for you.

Back