I think everyone has, It’s just human nature

LovingLife

Reaction score
We've all done stupid things. We are human after all…..

Have you ever said or done something to a love one you wish you could take back? Did you do anything to try to fix the situation?

Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone has grumpy days. Many people say things they do not mean now and then. Everyone needs to forgive and to be forgiven. No relationship, can be sustained over a long period of time without forgiveness. Even though you may find it difficult to forgive, being able to forgive is crucial.

Many times over, I have opened mouth and inserted foot. Life has shown me to own up to my mistake, trying to unsay or explain my actions will only dig a deeper hole for yourself. Owning up, apologize, and not trying to save my self-righteous dignity, I have been forgiven by love ones. It takes a brave and strong person to own up to their mistakes but a courageous and mighty person to forgive.

Did you do anything to try to fix the situation? If so, what did you do? Were you forgiven?

I have a mental illness from trauma. It made me possessive of the woman I loved and I lost the love of my life when I was at the age that I needed love most. It's been such a long time I can barely bring myself to think about it, but I think she was wrong not to forgive me because the injury caused the condition. It wasn't my character, it was a head injury that I have had to learn about and live with. Apparently they used a personality change chemical on me as a child and when I grew up I didn't know it was in there. You can see it now. My facial nerve throttles unsightly.. She wouldn't look, I'm sure.

Forgiveness isn't really big towards me.

Back