I need help on choice of Intel and AMD

How about eMachines? Is it bad computer?

Nevermind, I bought new computer from Circuit City and it was good deal, also CPU is Intel Pentium D (2.80 Ghz), RAM is 1GB, HDD is 250GB and GPU is GMA 950 but GMA 950 is good running for heavy games that need settle on low or medium resolution to make more smooth but can be not good for some heavier games. I was running the Sims 2 on new PC and work so great, even better than my old PC. I'm still planning to get graphic card, add other 1GB for RAM, Core 2 Duo and HDTV tuner.

Thanks to everyone for helping me to make right choice for me, also thanks to Yiffzer for encourage me to choose Intel over AMD.

Pacman - I hope that you will love your computer. Beside, iMac contains Intel chip. It does not matter the difference as long as you are happy with your computer. Smile.

Yup, that's true...

I was running the firefox on eMachines and seems too slow to loading then I feel like blame on DSL or something, then wait until few hours later and AD is goes too faster. I think it was from eMachine or DSL... Oh.... LOL...

Btw, I installed tweak on firefox and looks much better.

LOL Can happen or if it's still slow, try installing different network card and give it a try. Sometime it's network card or Onboard network chipset may be glitchy. I've had one system that had slow network onboard chipset even it's 10/100mbps (the network icon says it's 100mpbs when hooked). I decide to add another network card and I hooked it up and sure enuf it was fast. I even re-install Windows ect on same machine and plugged ethernet back to it's original Onboard network and it's still runs slow. But odd thing is that when I use Linux. It was fast!? huh did Windows do screwy thing on onboard chipset? I suspect it must be a driver for Windows need updating.

Pacman - I hope that you will love your computer. Beside, iMac contains Intel chip. It does not matter the difference as long as you are happy with your computer. Smile.

Hey remember Microsoft tried to get married to Apple back then. Now it's time for them to get married again LOL. I remmy Apple was mad and file lawsuit against M$ for stealing their "secret". Now that Apple have Intel and it opens "floodgate" to allow Dualbooting with Windows or Linux. Apple Leopard OS will use "Boot Camp" software to allow dualbooting Windows even it's Vista. It have to do with Apple poor marketing and need to merge into Windows world so people can choose Apple or Windows while booting up. I agree with Webexplorer that it doesn't matter which processor it uses. As long as customers are happy with stable system. They just want to have better marketing target to Windows and Linux customers. Who knows one day, Apple OS, Windows OS, and Linux OS will be integrated so customer won't have to worry about dualbooting ROFL. Just slip in software and it'll work together to get it "SHUTUP AND RUN!!!". That's how customer feels about it.

Last edited:
If that's how a customer feels, then they should never touch a computer.

Or they could download a freeware Linux OS like the several variations of Linux floating out there on the Interent. All you need is a Bittorent client to achieve this.

Or use Virtual Machine softwares like Wine, VMware ect.. to run multiple OS on Apple iMac ROFL. You should have fastest processor, 2 to 4 GB Ram memory and fastest graphic card to tide over.

That's for idiots who are afraid to touch pc. Had a friend who is Mechanically inclined but don't know how to use pc cuz he was afraid that one keystroke or one mouse click will screw up the system. His wife had to do all the pc work for him. LOL

I'm getting new PC soon and will be Windows Vista Home Premium, also I used want to own Mac but I changed my mind that want prefer to use Windows because of PC games, sharing with Media Center on Xbox 360, inexpensive, more powerful for cheap and easier to fix it since I'm using Windows for almost 10 years. I need help to make better choice on AMD and Intel, also I think about AMD.

For me, I want PC games to be running so smooth without any lag problem, also want other programming like Google Earth to be running so smooth too without any lag problem.

AMD is the BEST! Intel is looking for more $ and AMD looking for more speed!

AMD beating Intel at most. I have tested both.

all recommended infos on my website..
RAM's Computer Doctor Today the TOP FASTEST PC . . .
enjoy.

It's old thread, I was returned stupid emachine to store in last April, I never to buy any stupid computers from store, better to order from online, even with customize.

I had changed my plan about get MacBook, GMA 950 isn't big deal but I don't want running the games or heavily program on MacBook, just rather to use for program, plus I have other plan to get new AMD PC with powerful graphic card (GeForce 8600 GT 256MB) with 2GB of RAM, that's good enough for my favorite games, it cost about roughly $1,000.

Oh, thanks for info.

ASUS L1N64-SLI WS Dual Socket L (same as Socket F) (NVIDIA nForce5™ 680a SLI MCP SSI CEB ). [M.S.R.P. $369.99]

Wow that's PURE Evil board. :twisted::devil: Getting pair of AMD FX 74 3.0 Dual Core processors and all those evil craps can make it a superfast pc. You can vaporized ur friend's ego. I would love to buy it if I had $$'s to blow. I would LOVE that kind of speed. Double click icon, Pinnngg here's the program up and running in nanoseconds, nuthing time wasted!!

With that system, You can watch XP installaton from beginning to end in 1 min if you are fast enuf to click "next" for Time Zone setting, Network setting, ect... Pffftt done!! . My Abit AV8 board w/ AMD64 2.2Ghz processor can finish XP installation within 13 min even the XP installation says Estimated 33 min.. That's fast!

I've read one PC Magazine on $12,000 PC that guy built last year. He use Intel Pentuim 4 Prescott, 3.6Ghz w/ high quality mobo with all of it's fast monsters he could find. That's plain ridiculous!!. It'll become obsolete by the time he's finished building the system. LOL.

Good luck
Catty

I decided to not get AMD PC in anytime, as for 2nd PC then fuck them.

Now, I will be expected to get new iMac by Sept 07, plus can running on windows vista via boot camp or fusion and I will use it for running the games, no big deal. ;)

I had done with researched.

I don't trust on Intel anymore.

Never know Intel might be in strong leadership in silicon and another developments that are ahead next decade technologies.

Intel success first 40 Gbps silicon laser breakthough. It is capable of data mvoing at 40 billion bits per second.

Hope you change your mind to feel comfort with Intel?

I decided to not get AMD PC in anytime, as for 2nd PC then fuck them.

Now, I will be expected to get new iMac by Sept 07, plus can running on windows vista via boot camp or fusion and I will use it for running the games, no big deal. ;)

I had done with researched.

Me too I have been thinking about buying new 2007 iMac 24 inches that can be expanding to 1,000 GB upgrade option (1 TB hard drive)

Never know Intel might be in strong leadership in silicon and another developments that are ahead next decade technologies.

Intel success first 40 Gbps silicon laser breakthough. It is capable of data mvoing at 40 billion bits per second.

Hope you change your mind to feel comfort with Intel?

I'm supposed to said about Pentium, I always hate Pentium.

I just don't know about Core 2 Duo until I found about good thing and much better than Pentium.

I'm supposed to said about Pentium, I always hate Pentium.

I just don't know about Core 2 Duo until I found about good thing and much better than Pentium.

It is similar to PowerPC at low watt and maintaining at cool temperature. Intel changed the better to have new Duo at low watt at faster clock speed. It is not like Pentium heat problem that requires big ugly fans!

It is similar to PowerPC at low watt and maintaining at cool temperature. Intel changed the better to have new Duo at low watt at faster clock speed. It is not like Pentium heat problem that requires big ugly fans!

Oh, when Intel will phase all Pentium out? I means like not make anymore.

Oh, when Intel will phase all Pentium out? I means like not make anymore.

They already did. Many PCs run on Intel Duo core and Xeon duo core, too. Apple was one of the first computers to run on a Intel duo core processor.

Back