I Need as Much HELP as Possible!

Danielle85

Reaction score
My friend she has been hearing all of her life. she has nf2 its a rare desease. Anyways as of 1 yr she was hoh. Now she just became deaf all of a sudden. she needed to have surgery near her ears to get rid of the tumor in back of it. the doctor warned her that she might go deaf. Nows she deaf, struggling and the doctor doesnt want to help any further. he said that she will be frustrated with teh cochlear if she gets it. she has no nerve left it is damaged. i was told as a hoh person that u dont need a nerve. I need to know what to do for her. I feel so bad. Her mom told me last night the doctor via emailed her and said that the doctor said u can find any1 that will do the surgery for her bc they want to make money but it wont help her.
WHY NOT? WHAT SHOULD I DO? SO NOW ur saying to me that shes going to be deaf for the rest of her life with no help? she has only been deaf for about 5 months or so. It is pretty bad.

thanks guys!!!!

I think your friend will need to see an audiologist, and go from there...Always get a second opinion, before making any decisions....

Back