I love the locked threads

Do you visit locked threads to see what happened

• Yes

Votes: 79 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters
It does crack me up when HEARING people get in a hot debate about what's best for the deaf people. Don't get me wrong...plenty of hearing people have the extensive knowledge and expertise to throw their weight around, etc. But it is ironic how some hearing people get so passionate about deafness that by speaking up for the deaf, they are in fact, oppressing them by indicating deaf people cannot speak up for themselves. lol
Nicely put.

I didn't confirm a thing. I said that I know of an FDA site that tracks CI complications. I did not say that I saw or believed the numbers you were posting. Nope.

:) You knew of the same source, and didn't spend a minute of rebutting the so called misinformation. :)

And you ALWAYS go after misinformation, put the 2+2 together.

:) You knew of the same source, and didn't spend a minute of rebutting the so called misinformation. :)

And you ALWAYS go after misinformation, put the 2+2 together.
How did misinformation now get into the picture. I never said what you posted was misinformation. I said it's a partial picture. Big difference.

It does crack me up when HEARING people get in a hot debate about what's best for the deaf people. Don't get me wrong...plenty of hearing people have the extensive knowledge and expertise to throw their weight around, etc. But it is ironic how some hearing people get so passionate about deafness that by speaking up for the deaf, they are in fact, oppressing them by indicating deaf people cannot speak up for themselves. lol
for me that is not the issue. Even amongst the deaf community there is no consensus for "what is best for the deaf people" So how do you reconcile that? How is a hearing person suppose to reconcile that? What would you do if you get conflicting information about a subject such as this? For me it's easy. The evidence that I see and experience leads me to the conclusion that what is good for some is not good for all. Live and let live.

Don't worry. All you have to do is take the most extreme of both sides and do this:

Truth = avg(Poster1, Poster2)
Agreed! There are usually 3 sides to a story. The left side, the right side and somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

If I have done that, I apologize. I have never believed that the deaf cannot speak for themselves. What I do believe is the vast majority of the hearing world simply doesn't listen when they do.

If I have done that, I apologize. I have never believed that the deaf cannot speak for themselves. What I do believe is the vast majority of the hearing world simply doesn't listen when they do.
Real experts are aware of this, deaf or hearing. The fact that you acknowledge that this can happen, just makes me respect you even more.

Audists have a tendency to only listen to other hearing people, making you and Oceanbreeze more attractive to them on this board, than deaf people. It's noticable that audists at the same time, accuse you of speaking out on behalf of deaf people, instead of answering uncomfortable facts presented to them by you.

Wirelessly posted

flip said:
Real experts are aware of this, deaf or hearing. The fact that you acknowledge that this can happen, just makes me respect you even more.

Audists have a tendency to only listen to other hearing people, making you and Oceanbreeze more attractive to them on this board, than deaf people. It's noticable that audists at the same time, accuse you of speaking out on behalf of deaf people, instead of answering uncomfortable facts presented to them by you.

I agree with this. For example, a poster wrote that certain hearing parents prove that ASL and CI can go hand and hand.deaf people know what their brain is capable of and have been trying to tell him.Deaf teachers have been trying to telling him as well.

Back