I love a good debate, dont u?

CoolGal-UK

Reaction score
Let's start lol

Is Ofcom right to probe Big Brother for 'racism'?

When does "rivalry" in the reality-TV show become something more serious?

Broadcasting
watchdog Ofcom is investigating allegations of racism in Celebrity Big
Brother against Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty for being Indian.

Former beauty queen Danielle Lloyd, ex-S Club 7 singer Jo O'Meara and Jade Goody have ganged up on Shetty in the past few days.

Channel 4 described the situation as "girly rivalry" while Shilpa's mother said she should treat it as "a game".

Do you watch the show? What sort of behaviour do you think is unacceptable? And what is just part of the "game"?

***Warning***** Mods will delete your posts if they dont like your posts. Sadly, first amendment isn't being excerised in this forum.

***Warning***** Mods will delete your posts if they dont like your posts. Sadly, first amendment isn't being excerised in this forum.

I disagree... I believe the reasons for the mods deleting our posts if we are bashing another AD member with direct insults or comments.

:ty: Shel90

As for this thread, it was moved to the On-topic Debates forum....

Therefore, having a civil and respectful debate is encouraged as long as there is no bashing others for their opinions/thoughts, etc.

As for the topic at hand, I'm not aware of the situation surrounding Big Brother...so I'll pass. :D

~RR

:ty: Shel90

As for this thread, it was moved to the On-topic Debates forum....

Therefore, having a civil and respectful debate is encouraged as long as there is no bashing others for their opinions/thoughts, etc.

As for the topic at hand, I'm not aware of the situation surrounding Big Brother...so I'll pass. :D

~RR

:) u are welcome. I am on the same boat as u are about this situation.

I disagree... I believe the reasons for the mods deleting our posts if we are bashing another AD member with direct insults or comments.

Not necessary. Some people need to shallow the hard truth pills.

Not necessary. Some people need to shallow the hard truth pills.

*off-topic*

If 'you' have a problem swallowing those hard facts/truth pills, then by all means, there is a 'door' [[] that can lead you to other sites that will cater to your own satisfaction...otherwise, deal with it out of respect for what others may express here in AD.

Peace out--

~RR

^^^ yes ,sir. we all have freedom of speech and its wonderful thing, isn't it?

Freedom of speech to insult or bash people? Maybe to u but to me it is about respect. I would use a different approach if someone needs a "hard pill to swallow".

You need an education in what "freedom of speech" means. Go read the constitution and bill of rights, and find out that only the government is prevented from stopping you from speaking out against them -- freedom of speech has nothing to do with being able to say anything you want on a messageboard.

On topic: I don't watch the show, but from what I understand of the situation, them's the breaks for being on TV as a game where anything goes. In order the win, the contestants are to use every legal method to get an advantage -- and it's not illegal to be racist in the game.

on the topic at hand

I heard about the nonsense that was happening on UK Celebrity BB this year. Both of the people involved both agreed that what the one party said wasn't racist! People, as always, made a huge stink about nothing.

I even saw the clip after I heard Big Brother lost its sponsor...HOW STUPID! Get on with life people!

on the topic at hand

I heard about the nonsense that was happening on UK Celebrity BB this year. Both of the people involved both agreed that what the one party said wasn't racist! People, as always, made a huge stink about nothing.

I even saw the clip after I heard Big Brother lost its sponsor...HOW STUPID! Get on with life people!

Yeah I agree with u there but it more like verbal bullying if not racist cos Shilpa was different. It the same if a deaf person in a mainstream school got bullied it wouldnt be called racist would it?

Back