I lost my hearing aid!

AylaKay

Reaction score
I can't find my hearing aid!! I picked it up Thursday morning to put in, then realized I needed to fix my hair first so set it back down and when I went back to get it, it was gone. I've been searching everywhere for it and can't find it. If I have to replace it, has anyone ever had any luck financing one with bad/no credit? This one I received as a donation, my audiologist's office has a program to provide aids to people who can't afford them. Which makes me feel even worse about losing it, someone was kind enough to donate it so that I could hear better and now I've lost it :(

Lost H.A.

Do you have a dog or a cat? I had a cat that found my hearing aid and chewed it up and hide it under my bed.
Thats one way a hearing aid can disappear.

My first rule of missing objects: if it is lost it is under something. Hearing aids can fall between things and hang up. They are great for hiding in a pocket.
I have a pair out there somewhere. Brand new. Last time I saw them I had just cleaned them up and looked at them in the palm of my hand. Never saw them again. I was getting ready to go off to some job off in Bush Alaska. Oh the pain. $6,000 out of pocket. Gone.

The good news was I eventually gave up looking(6 months) and called the hearing aid place and found out I had bought a damage and loss policy on them. They replaced them. I was glad but not as glad as the people I worked with.

I later found out my homeowners insurance covered medical equipment loss and damage in fine print. Whoa. That is one I have meant to share here before. Some policies have that and you may not know it.

Your question about some kind of way to get a new one. There are places that can help but it is a regional situation. Look for every hearing resource thing you can find in your area. I was always scrambling for money when I was a young adult. It was hard to be employed and not hearing. It was hard to come up with money when not employed. I found a place that helped me enormously back then called the ARC. I do not know if they are still around. You will find something if you look hard. Tough on the pride but do what you have to do then worry about that stuff.

Was the battery door closed when you put it down , if it was your HA may be feed backing . Could get someone to come and see if they can hear it feed backing? I had a friend that was a nurse and she told me of her patient lost her HA and my friend was able to find the HA because it was feed backing .

Open the drawer you keep your hairbrush in and take everything out carefully.

this is why ear gears are awesome (you might wanna look online and see fun colors too)

Back