I Know It Is Too Early But... I Love To Fall In Love With Fall.

Botti..hehe..but this -is- AD after all....
has anyone ever actually eaten roasted chestnuts?
Yes! My husband always tried to make sure our kids tried everything in the world, and he got some at a big health food store in El Paso, and we roasted them at home during

Botti, that's neat that you hub got the chestnuts - I've seen them at my local health food store too and wondered how you prepare or eat them. Di they make the house smell all cozy and "home-y" ?

I love both pumpkin and sweet potato pie :)

Botti, that's neat that you hub got the chestnuts - I've seen them at my local health food store too and wondered how you prepare or eat them. Di they make the house smell all cozy and "home-y" ?

I love both pumpkin and sweet potato pie :)
Well, we did this on a winter break from school. So kids at home and lots of neat foods around. I remember it was very fun, but the chestnuts were just a salty snack. I liked the gingerbread men that we made better.

I see Botti...about the chestnuts and gingerbread people...I like the ginger spice and ginger cookies. Were the chestnuts naturally salty tasting or did you add salt? No I'm curious and may try it when I see them :)

and - I will share my oven for all those pies, Barbaro!

I see Botti...about the chestnuts and gingerbread people...I like the ginger spice and ginger cookies. Were the chestnuts naturally salty tasting or did you add salt? No I'm curious and may try it when I see them :)

and - I will share my oven for all those pies, Barbaro!
We roasted them in a gas oven with salt and probably butter.

Not too early , the day appears to be getting darker earlier. I love summer but fall is football season that makes me excited :D

True...it can be hard on them for sure...on another Facebook group that is dog-related, someone posted about a dog who died of heatstroke in someone's arms....very sad!

But - we were enjoying discussing about Fall and those lovely pies, so I will end my comment on a happier note. I remember when I was a kid and jumping in all the leaf piles and throwing leaves up in the air :)

Not too early , the day appears to be getting darker earlier. I love summer but fall is football season that makes me excited :D
I hate when it gets dark early. It makes me feel depressed.

Back