I Have Both Types Of Hearing Loss

Daminx

Reaction score
this might not be true since it's off the Internet, but i noticed that my hearing starts around 65 Hertz and ends Around 15.559 Hertz, i noticed my hearing has got worse and it explains why my audiologist thinks i don't have a hearing Loss when i do.

I find it harder to listen to men more than women although Some women have a low pitched voice like men usually do. i can hear birds singing when i am outside a little bit. I thought i was a nutcase! i do actually have a hearing Loss.

My lowest frequency used to be around 45 Hertz and had increased to 65 Hertz in about a month, my higher frequency i used to hear was 18,000 Hertz but had decreased to 15,559 Hertz in the last month. I am still alarmed at this but it makes sense.

It seems to explain that both ends of hearing frequencies are dropping but i only have low frequency hearing loss at the moment and the high frequencies hearing loss could catch up and be present in about a year, i think, bearing in mind this isn't an actual diagnosis. I think both frequencies will meet up with each other eventuelly, meaning i would lose the ability to understand men speaking before i lost the ability to hear birds singing. If i went severely deaf, i would have a small range of hearing. It's just a theory since i am going to the audiologist at the end of June. I hope i made sense, also i have a question, does anyone have this type of hearing Loss?

Same here but low freq is worse as I have more issues with hearing men (or any individual with lower tone voices than I do with women (or anyone with higher pitched voices). I can hear kids voices but...not understand the clarity or what the heck they are saying- learned that having experienced both my niece and nephew as they grew up (nephew's voice has recently changed in the last year damnit...he's not supposed to be growing into an adult!!!).

Best hearing is in the middle though- barely.

When you do go.. definitely ask the audio to explain everything to you regarding your audiogram :).

When you say both types, I automatically think of my deafness which has components of conductive and sensorineural. That's what is usually meant.

As for me, I had more loss this year and the whole speech banana is below 90 DB, so I'm kind of screwed there.

I do have a couple spots in the very low hertz that are 60 DB. This means I can hear a lawnmower , plane , or jackhammer... Not a very useful skill.

Back