I hate when I can't find my hearing Aide!!

Why would you put it in your pocked? I need my HAs to hear so its in my ear from when I wake up till I go to bed, then its on the night stand. If I'm in the shower its on the shelf in my closet. I even keep on when I ride my motorcyle, I just turn it down.

If I have to take them off, the go in the case. Just like my keys and wallet, its all about consistency. I can't go with out my HAs so if they're off I'm waiting to put them back on, I'd be lost with out them. They're almost like a life line for me, so I'm really good about knowing where the are.

Why would you put it in your pocket?

Gina stated why she did- some people can hear without hearing aids (albeit with volume cranked up) and using headphones.

Sometimes you kind of have to take your hearing aids off if you find yourself in a situation suddenly where they may get wet or something... a sudden thunderstorm or in my case getting on a ride that's.. well WET. As a guy I'm not sure how I'd carry around a 'case' for "just in case" scenarios, so in my pants pocket they go.

On a side note I'm looking for a way to carry my DAI cord(s) without them getting tangled up etc. Saw a DIY "hack" using one of those IceBreaker containers- problem is I don't like those things (rarely eat/partake of mint/spearmint type food except candy canes lol). So kind of looking around for something that's small enough to fit in a pocket, and not be bulky but enough room to put 1 or 2 DAI cords.

Gina stated why she did- some people can hear without hearing aids (albeit with volume cranked up) and using headphones.

Sometimes you kind of have to take your hearing aids off if you find yourself in a situation suddenly where they may get wet or something... a sudden thunderstorm or in my case getting on a ride that's.. well WET. As a guy I'm not sure how I'd carry around a 'case' for "just in case" scenarios, so in my pants pocket they go.

On a side note I'm looking for a way to carry my DAI cord(s) without them getting tangled up etc. Saw a DIY "hack" using one of those IceBreaker containers- problem is I don't like those things (rarely eat/partake of mint/spearmint type food except candy canes lol). So kind of looking around for something that's small enough to fit in a pocket, and not be bulky but enough room to put 1 or 2 DAI cords.

Guess I should have read the whole thing. Now that I think I about it I have put my HA in my shirt pocket while riding on public transit trains, but it goes right back in as soon as I'm off.

Why not buy the mints for $1 and dump the mints or give them away. If the hack actually works well.

Why would you put it in your pocked? I need my HAs to hear so its in my ear from when I wake up till I go to bed, then its on the night stand. If I'm in the shower its on the shelf in my closet. I even keep on when I ride my motorcyle, I just turn it down.

If I have to take them off, the go in the case. Just like my keys and wallet, its all about consistency. I can't go with out my HAs so if they're off I'm waiting to put them back on, I'd be lost with out them. They're almost like a life line for me, so I'm really good about knowing where the are.

I had taken my HA off when I get stuck in a heavy down pour, my hearing aid had stop working when it get wet. I put it in my coat pocket to try and keep it dry.

My daughter (21) recently lost one of hers after she put it in a pocket. Unfortunately she wasn't at home. She & her boyfriend went back to where they were to look for it but did not find it. She has tiny BTE's.

LOL this is why I always have earmolds on a tiny BTE to keep the hearing aid secure *and out of the reach of idiots*

Why not buy the mints for $1 and dump the mints or give them away. If the hack actually works well.

Yeah I'm thinking about that- I'm sure other people in my family will eat 'em too lol.

LOL this is why I always have earmolds on a tiny BTE to keep the hearing aid secure *and out of the reach of idiots*

Unfortunately she had put the HA in her pant pocket when when she left work. She had taken it off earlier because the battery died and put it in a safe place on a shelf at her work. What she needs to do, and I've bugged her about this even before she got HAs, is carry a purse.

I had a soft case for my HA that had some sort of metal around the opening. You squeezed it open and it stayed open, then shut it and it stayed shut. I could easily stuff the case in my pocket as it was smaller than a wallet. It was made out of some heavy duty fake leather so it was protected well enough and easy to put in my pocket. Not protected well from dogs or people chewing on them, but good enough when out and about.

I'm using small camera cases now for mine. One in my purse and one on my nightstand.

I hate it when that happens, too. I had a crazy night last Friday and I guess I lost it in the cab home...oops...the driver did not see it when I called the next day

Back