I guess I'm a newbie

~ellie~

Reaction score
Hi I'm Ellie. I'm hearing, but that may not be forever. I have kidney problems and may lose my hearing, but then again I may not. I love photography and I'm shy but outgoing. :) and I can't wait to meet people!! Especially the guys lol jk.

Hi I'm Ellie. I'm hearing, but that may not be forever. I have kidney problems and may lose my hearing, but then again I may not. I love photography and I'm shy but outgoing. :) and I can't wait to meet people!! Especially the guys lol jk.

Hi. Chronic renal failure can cause some problems with the cochlea, but not really to the point of deafness.

A percentage of very ill renal failure patients do become moderately hard of hearing in some frequencies.

Don't think too many ever actually become deaf.

Thats reassuring. :) My doctor just told me to learn sign language they still can't figure out what I have but I hope not. I've been in a depressing mood but i thought maybe some people here would make it better I'm going to get hearing aids soon so maybe that will make it a little better..

Thats reassuring. :) My doctor just told me to learn sign language they still can't figure out what I have but I hope not. I've been in a depressing mood but i thought maybe some people here would make it better I'm going to get hearing aids soon so maybe that will make it a little better..

Some people will love your doctor as they usually try to keep Deaf people from learning it. We find it odd that it is ofter promoted for hearing people.

Why no CI? Hearing people usually prefer them. If you do sign it will be a whole new way of life.

Do you know any Deaf people?

What does CI mean I'm new to this and I'm only 16 lol and why would they not promote it I did know alot of deaf people at one time but its as serveral years so I've forgotton alot of it. But I'm very scared and nervous and that's not like me.

What does CI mean I'm new to this and I'm only 16 lol and why would they not promote it I did know alot of deaf people at one time but its as serveral years so I've forgotton alot of it. But I'm very scared and nervous and that's not like me.

Sorry you are scared. Cochlear Implant is CI. Late deafened people usually prefer them. It is really good at making late deafened people hear.

It takes 7 years to become fluent in ASL.

Think I missed part of your question. They don't promote ASL for people born deaf as they think we won't acquire spoken language.

I think He mentioned that I don't know.... I just let my parents deal with all of that. I just go with the flow I can still hear now. So as of now I'm good I just can't wait for my hearing aids and 7 years now that some dedication good job. are you deaf or do you just know deaf people

Why would you need to learn the language? I must seem not smart. I mean I guess to comunicate with some people? But then again how would you hear them talk back lip read? But that seems really hard......

I think He mentioned that I don't know.... I just let my parents deal with all of that. I just go with the flow I can still hear now. So as of now I'm good I just can't wait for my hearing aids and 7 years now that some dedication good job. are you deaf or do you just know deaf people

Deaf, blind in one eye, and assertive. :)

Why would you need to learn the language? I must seem not smart. I mean I guess to comunicate with some people? But then again how would you hear them talk back lip read? But that seems really hard......

What language? Spoken language? It is hard. I don't really hear them talk back. I usually just write to hearing people. Most of them don't sign.

Wow, That's... I mean it sucks but wow you don't quit do you? :) I hope I could be that positive. oh and Hi Jolie77!

Wow, That's... I mean it sucks but wow you don't quit do you? :) I hope I could be that positive. oh and Hi Jolie77!

No I don't quit!:lol:

Of course you can be positive. The alternative is to lay down and die.

oh hello there, Ellie! you former Ms. Oklahoma?? :wag:

I believe we have a fellow ADer from Oklahoma. Her AD name's Jasmine.... something. She just got married and she's pregnant now so she's pretty busy with her life. She wears hearing aids. She's married to hearing husband. She's so young! full of life!

You'll be fine, doll.

Hey! :wave: welcome to alldeaf. I am late deaf, very late :lol: we have a late deaf area here where you will find some good answers. Dont be scared. It will be ok. Like Botti said, it just takes time and dedication. Even hearing aids or ci takes some getting used to. Jiro and Botti are some of the really nice folks. You can trust what they tell you. Now run along and have some fun in the forum.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. If you have a problem with your hearing the sounds like environment sounds instead of spoken English, then you need to learn ASL (American Sign Langauge). It is the way Deaf people, even Hard of Hearing people can learn to use visual sign language to understand what we are talking about. Trying to lipread is no good and it is hard unless you are expert at lipreading. I do hope you can learn ASL so that you can communicate with d/Deaf people. If you don't want to learn ASL, then use paper and pen to communicate with any people. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. :wave:

Hi! I'm newbie too :P My name's Lorena,from Peru. I'm hard of hearing (SDD) and I'd love to meet new people here :) I'm 18, I study Tourism at the university =P

Back