I don't understand some hearie people *sigh*

Here is one thing I do about hang-ups that might help: Ask the Ca to explain the relay to the person hanging up when you call back. It is part of their job to do so. I find that helps 100% of the time.

My mother-in-law refuses to use VRS to contact us because she doesn't feel comfortable with an interpreter present in a private conversation which usually takes a looong time so she prefers direct TTY calls. That's what she said.

I dont understand why some hearie don't even try to communicate with me through VRS, when they don't want to do or can't do IM or email.

I am trying to be flexible. What are they afraid of? Lack of privacy? Time-consuming? The accents of interpreters, thus not understanding?

I explained to them ahead of the time what to expect with VRS and just to give it a try. They still won't.

I don't understand them. :confused:

Maybe they need go deaf to appreciates it(not experiencing being left out communication-wise) and be more empathic.

been there done that, even with the so-called enlightened university people...

they like to stomp you over, and keep everything cheap...be strong...and CLEAR but all same time polite , No easy to do.

i dont understand hearing people either...moreso i dont understand how attitudes have gone BACKWARDS since the last 10 years, When it was in the Vogue to understand and make the world a better place, but nope, what's in vogue is cost cutting and hell screw on people...
it must be fashionable to be assholes somewhat...well that's what i pick up from them!...its just bizzare

When you call a business such as a store, pharmacy or apt rental office via VRS, they usually hang up on you because they think it's a telemarketing call.

It happened to me several times. When VRS explained about the relay service, a call receiver said, "No, thank you. I am not interested" and hung up. WTF? I was not telemarketing.

Back