I Don't Know What To Say ...

I need help. I am reaching out to his mom and need ideas. She keeps having break downs.

A home cooked meal? Take her somewhere? I am out of ideas.

Do you have photos of her son that she haven't seen before , you could made a photo album for her , a home cooked meal would be very nice and eating with her to keep her company. Let her know that you're there for her and if she need to go anywhere to let you know . If her son did work around her house you could do that too.

When my friend died, my daughter and me made a scrap/photo album.
we decided on a theme, him and his family and all his friends, over the years - our best moments together.
we asked everyone for any saved mementos like movie tickets, (all kinds of tickets), flyers from places we went together,
postcards, magazine cutoffs etc etc and added this to the album.
then glittered and laced everything up. it came up very nice.
The widow and children really liked it.

Fuzzy

I know this may sound out of the left field but you might want to think about seeing a psychic/medium. I had a good friend that took his own life and going to a medium really helped get some answers. And my friend's wife went to a medium as well and it helped her a ton.

I found out some more info. My friend was deeply disturbed for quite some time before he took his life. Alcohol was a contributing factor in all of it.

I found out some more info. My friend was deeply disturbed for quite some time before he took his life. Alcohol was a contributing factor in all of it.

Depressed people often try to seek solace/escape in substances, so no wonder ...

Fuzzy

I know this may sound out of the left field but you might want to think about seeing a psychic/medium. I had a good friend that took his own life and going to a medium really helped get some answers. And my friend's wife went to a medium as well and it helped her a ton.

One'd have to proceed delicately.
Not everyone is into such stuff. certainly is worth to ask, at appropriate moment, if widow is up to do "something like in the movies"
and "let's go to the medium".
or - start taking how various people, cultures deal with grief and ask "how do you feel doing something crazy like going to the medium?".
if she opposes, drop it then.
something to the tune..
Or perhaps she is into para- stuff and will willingly go.

Fuzzy

Last edited:
I was wondering if there are some grief counseling groups nearby where the widow lives that you could help her join?
It could be very therapeutic. It could also help to be in company of other people who experienced such loss.
There are books available that talk about grief, loss, stages of grief which also can be a great help.
Perhaps there are suicide forums survivors forum out there? that could be of help?

Fuzzy

I was wondering if there are some grief counseling groups nearby where the widow lives that you could help her join?
It could be very therapeutic. It could also help to be in company of other people who experienced such loss.
There are books available that talk about grief, loss, stages of grief which also can be a great help.
Perhaps there are suicide forums survivors forum out there? that could be of help?

Fuzzy
This not a widow it's a mother who has lost her son . :(

Back