I am sick of being in middle.....

Damn you are lucky to work for VP installer. I would love to do like this. In fact I did tried small businesses but still no luck, they rather who can talk on phone which is stupidest thing ever. It's always about "you need to be able to use phone" blah blah blah. Oh I do have helped with VR but they are so slow and I know everything suck right now with those losing businesses and stuff. I just wish there is something that will let me prove them that I am quick leanrer and work in fast pace as I always have been. Ha, I do have ALOT experienced in photography. Check my new website out:

Home

Been doing photography for long, long time. I know being photogrpahy is really hard to sell photos or book up clients.

I looked up your website, and I am very impressed with your photographs. I would love to buy some of your photographs someday.

Perhaps, you could sell some of your photos at a gallery show that might work. It is usually free for some people to put up their artwork at a gallery show, not at a gallery shop which is too pricey. How about put some of your artworks at a local public library's showroom for now?

Make sure that your signatures are on them so that other people will recognize your name, and they would buy from you someday. I used to work at a frame shop, and I had seen some people writing down the names. Later, they bought one. I probably think that you could start with the library, and later at the gallery show. Good Luck!

Well lucky you but I don't know why no one is willing to allow me to just do mailing clerk or w/e but it just doesn't happen to me ever. I may be impatient but it been goes on too long that I never work like office jobs before, but only fast food. It's just silly.

My neighbors across the street both have been laid off for about 6 months now. They both cant find jobs now and they are both hearing people with college degrees and experiences. She took a job as a temporary bartender only working if other bartenders are out sick or on vacation. Not what she envisioned herself to be at career-wise at the age of 36 years old. They have put their house on sale cuz they can no longer afford it. It is really really sad.

My dad's business of 35 years folded and my stepmom lost her job as well. My dad, who used to earn in the high income bracket, is now collecting unemployment.

Just keep applying to everything around u and if u get called to interviews and get asked about your experience just tell them "My weakness is my lack of experience but my strengths are willingness to learn, work hard, and be a team player." Most employers like that attitude.

Actually--since you have an AAS degree in Accounting--you might want to check in with DeafMortgage because I know that they were talking about expanding....

Just remember that you may have to move to Minnenapolis.

If you insist on making money by being a photographer (which i advise against), I suggest you register accounts on istockphoto.com, shutterstock.com, jupiterimages.com, etsy.com, gettyimages.com... These are websites that allow you to upload your portfolio, then when other users browse photos on the website and decide to buy yours, you get paid directly. It's kinda like a venus flytrap. You put your stuff out there and hope somebody drops in. And you know how often venus flytraps eat... not often at all. So try being the fly (which eat much more regularly), instead of the trap just waiting around.

However, since you have an associates degree in accounting, I'd recommend becoming familiar with ALL the popular accounting softwares around. This will show that you DO have experience.

Also, losing weight and being healthy helps a lot. More than you can imagine. Think about it, if there were two of you, exactly the same skillset and attitude, but the other one of you was thin... who do you think would get hired? The thin version of you. Why? because it's not just your resume that an employer looks at... it's how you carry yourself, how you take care of yourself, your level of confidence. Obviously, someone who is fit and in shape understands how to manage time better than someone who is fat...

No one else was gonna say it. But everybody knows it's the truth.

If you insist on making money by being a photographer (which i advise against), I suggest you register accounts on istockphoto.com, shutterstock.com, jupiterimages.com, etsy.com, gettyimages.com... These are websites that allow you to upload your portfolio, then when other users browse photos on the website and decide to buy yours, you get paid directly. It's kinda like a venus flytrap. You put your stuff out there and hope somebody drops in. And you know how often venus flytraps eat... not often at all. So try being the fly (which eat much more regularly), instead of the trap just waiting around.

However, since you have an associates degree in accounting, I'd recommend becoming familiar with ALL the popular accounting softwares around. This will show that you DO have experience.

Also, losing weight and being healthy helps a lot. More than you can imagine. Think about it, if there were two of you, exactly the same skillset and attitude, but the other one of you was thin... who do you think would get hired? The thin version of you. Why? because it's not just your resume that an employer looks at... it's how you carry yourself, how you take care of yourself, your level of confidence. Obviously, someone who is fit and in shape understands how to manage time better than someone who is fat...

No one else was gonna say it. But everybody knows it's the truth.

i appoligize for my spelling in advance....
ok this is very touchy subject. i understand what she is trying to say and i agree w the idea about the photography. it is very competative field and hard to get stable in for any new comer. it is hard to have patience when you are young and in serious need of income. trust me i am there now. however one thing that needs to be understood is to try to get yourself into a productive frame of mind. she needs to get in touch w a vocational councler or a workforcce center. if nothing else just start knocking on doors and take any employment oppertunity given even if its not desireable. (spelling) go online and look up for jobs. my best advice to any veteran or disabled person is to go to usajobs online and look for any govt jobs open near you. i swa this because being disable your application for employment if qualifed, will be bumped to top of list for hiring. i know this as a fact. there are sooo many civilian jobs available in the govt that arent advertised. go online and look it up. attitude is everything. i get the feeling that uve given up completly due to utter frustration and panic over ur finances. an employer can scense this attitude even though u hide it well in an interview. perhaps ur resume needs some more work or one of your past employers is giving u bad image. many things can go amuck. be prepared and know ur company that u are applying to well. show the employer that u know the ins and outs of the company during the interview if u are able to get one. call the employer or go back after leaving resume and check up on it. the sqeeky wheel gets the oil!!
on the matter of being overweight, thats a real fine line. yes appearences are huge when it comes to prospective employees. Being that I interviewed many employees in my time as a resort property and community manager, I was picky about appearences as well. however, even if someone is overweight, scrauwny, or short or tall; as long as they were physically able to do the job in a timely matter and do the job well, it didnt matter. but in a perfect world it would never matter. this world isnt perfect. she needs to make sure she is professionally dressed w heels or nice shoes and suit or something simular even if it is small buisness. no jeans!! her presentation of herself and her skills and qualifications will land her a job if there isnt someone more qualified. she might just be stuck at a low level job and work her way up, as much as that sucks!

i bid her good luck and to convince herself to change her approach alittle. a job at the college might help her gain experience needed.

oh and just because someone is fat doesnt mean shit about their ability to manage time, their health perhaps but time..... get real.... no offense not trying to be rude. that is not the truth that is ur own personal opinion that not everyone shares.

Back