I am planning to get a

I am planning to buy an Apple G5 next week.

Now, there are some controversial issues on Apple's forum about comparing two Apple's two LCDs: 20 inches and 23 inches HD Cinema monitors. I understand that there is a risk of dead pixels on all LCDs (not only Apple). I was told that most LCDs would last from 5 to 10 years because of the brightness weak in ages. I am going to get a LCD anyway.

I might have to get a 23" LCD but

Is Apple's 20 inches LCD monitor enough room for Macromedia Studio MX's tool windows? (I did not want to see the tools to be cramped on the display.) Otherwise, my eyes would pop out. :eek:

I first was trained on MSDOS and I intent to stay with PC for long as I live... my family used to have MAC and we'll hated it...

pimpdaddyposse

I did not ask you to buy a Mac. It is too bad that you hate it. I am very sure that the Apple G5 is so much better ever before especially new operating system (OS X). I personally do not like OS 9 or under. I am using OS X, and I am very pleasant about it. I thought that I would hate it, and it turned out that it is so much better than the old operating system. This makes a big difference.

The only drawback is that Apple computers are not too cheap because of high quality. Please don't be nasty anything about it. If you really love your IBM, then stick with it. In fact, I don't hate IBM PC. When I plug my digital camera into my iBook (only OS X), and it automatically downloaded the photos for me even I did not ask for it. It also automatically creates a website after I downloaded the photos from my digital camera. That's really cool! You can use your XP/Windows with a Viritual PC software on an Apple G4 or G5. I think that it is really great! Maybe, you could change your mind someday. Whatever you decide...

Originally posted by webexplorer
I am planning to buy an Apple G5 next week.

Now, there are some controversial issues on Apple's forum about comparing two Apple's two LCDs: 20 inches and 23 inches HD Cinema monitors. I understand that there is a risk of dead pixels on all LCDs (not only Apple). I was told that most LCDs would last from 5 to 10 years because of the brightness weak in ages. I am going to get a LCD anyway.

I might have to get a 23" LCD but

Is Apple's 20 inches LCD monitor enough room for Macromedia Studio MX's tool windows? (I did not want to see the tools to be cramped on the display.) Otherwise, my eyes would pop out. :eek:

Apple LCD 23" HD Cinema monitor is know as King of LCD accord to many magazines. ;)

Linux on Mac?

SilenceGold said:
If you want real freedom...go with either Linux or Unix OS on a PC. You can't do that with Mac though.

You might want to check out the Yellow Dog Linux site, http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/, for more info on how you can do that with Mac. I just looked, and they have a rather nice sounding PowerBook with Yellow Dog Linux preinstalled for sale.

Back