I am Lanee

Lanee

Reaction score
Hi! While my real name is Lori, everyone calls me Lanee. It's a nickname derived from my last name. I've used the screen name "Lanee" so much over my past 12 years online that it often feels more like my real name than "Lori" does.

As my tagline says, I'm another ASL student. I have a few reasons for studying. First and foremost is my fascination with the language and my desire to communicate.

I love message boards, if only to come and read. Stumbling upon AD, I was happy to find a place where I could learn about deaf culture. I've been reading and reading and reading since I joined yesterday... so much to learn!

Indiana is my home. I live here with my partner, Jude, and my 16-year-old pain in the butt... er, I mean... daughter. :giggle: I have two sons... one who lives with his dad, and another who is a Marine Reserve (stateside) and living on his own. I have three dogs, two cats and a guinea pig. I work as a Buyer for a company that makes magnet wire, although my division is a distributing group that has very little to do with magnet wire.

It's a pleasure to meet you all. Thank you for having me here.

:welcome: to AD! Hope it enjoy it here. :)

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Interesting and nice introduction--hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! :)

:wave:
~RR

Ha ha. If you are so fascinated by ASL, then, I personally think one of the best ways to learn sign language is to practice recognizing finger spelling quickly, I mean REALLY quickly.

Back